View Single Post
Old 11-11-08, 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
I need a bit more help, even though I have removed the pagefile on drive C: and set it up for drive D:it is still showing on the disk and in defrag so it hasn't given me the space back.

Hi Sapphire

Changing the location and size of the Windows page file does not increase your drive partition size, all it does is give Windows more headroom to work in! As the available space left on your physical drive becomes less then Windows will find it harder and harder to keep working at a reasonable pace and may eventually refuse to operate altogether. As you have already said one way to overcome this is to re-partition your available hard disk space to give your 'C' drive, (Windows drive) more room. The easiest way to do this is via third party partitioning software, there are many variations freely available for download if you do a quick search with Google. Make sure you do a backup of any important files/data etc before you do this.

Personally I would go for a system re-boot, (after backing up important files/data etc) and re-partition your drive at this stage, give your 'C' drive at least 80Gb. Your system drive becomes more and more clogged up with redundant files, registry entries, temp files and all sorts of other rubbish that only a full system re-boot will get rid of.

This might be a good time to add another drive to your system, a 250Gb SATA drive can be had for as little as £36 now, keep this one purely for data/files.

nirofo.