View Single Post
Old 25-05-06, 21:38

Hi Andy, very pleased that the lens arrived and that it performs as well as you had hoped.
The lens is still good for 300/400/500, but I have tried several times since with the 2x TC and yes the results are reasonable but not in the same league as the 1.4/1.7TCs.
If you can borrow a 2xTC and put the 300 (600/5.6) up against your 600/4 say both at f8??, and see what the difference is.
I will only use the 2x TC when needs must,ie where an image is more important than "out and out" quality.
I note on "another" forum you have asked how to remove the collar, I have looked at this several times, but have not yet "tinkered" with the various screws which may solve the problem ie the tiny,tiny sunken grub screw on the outer collar shield, or the retaining screw which holds the "tripod collar lock screw" in place.
In the mean time, enjoy your lens I am sure as I stated earlier you will get some great images and pleasure from using it, but hey keep it quiet as to how good it is, or everybody else will want one.
regards Subzero.