View Single Post
Old 02-06-06, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif
And ....
With no immediate D2X bargains on the horizon I have decided on the upgrade path.

I will get a 17-55 f2.8 lens and that will give an immediate improvement to the D100 screen brightness ( for manual focus ) and therefore improved A/F response. This lens decision will also answer any future resolution questions with a 10 or 12 mp sensor as mentioned by NFB. As I have a lightmeter I can still use my M/F Nikkors in the mean time.

I will then wait until Photokina and see if anything interesting is announced. By then the ' Xs ' will have been on the market for a bit, and after the initial flurry I would think ' Xs ' prices will stabalise at a lower level than the currently quoted estimated manufacturer recommended price.
There should be one or two ' X ' appearing on the secondhand market. Prices for these should be lower than those on the market today, and going for the ' X ' will give me the viewfinder eye relief and general spec sufficient to last me as far into the future as I can see.

To go the D200 route I would need the Body, Battery grip ( personal want, too used to holding cameras with motor drive attatched ) and SB800 flash as D200 is not compatible with SB80-DX in D-TTL mode. New best prices for that £1560 excluding postage and I would still have an eye relief problem.

Don