View Single Post
Old 24-12-09, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
Roy,
Read what it says properly. He wanted to send a RAW file so he/she could use the RAW settings in a tutorial.
What i have suggested is that if he is struggling to send a full size file then he can convert to JPEG and that can be opened in RAW via BRIDGE with the RAW settings in tact. Sending as a RAW or JPEG (as it was originally shot in RAW and retains the RAW data) is not a problem as it is just needed with the RAW data and can be opened In RAW. This technique is nothing what so ever to do with shooting in JPEG as a true jpeg will not have the RAW data to begin with.
I think you should read what i said and corrected properly, then once you understand as you say "your a bit lost", and have tried it then you might see what i am on about.
The TIFF as i said was for anyone who can send larger files, the JPEG is for the ones who cannot.
But remember the KEY POINT that a converted RAW file to a JPEG has nothing to do with shooting AS A JPEG.
HTH you.

P.S I'll do a tutorial if you like to help you out if you cannot grasp it, as soon as i get some time.

Cheers

TW
On my version of CS4, when you open a jpeg in bridge you go straight into CS4 and not ACR. I have not got a clue what you are taking about when you say 'that can be opened in RAW via BRIDGE' Nor am I particularly interested.
When I made my post I was responding to a post that you made which suggesting that if the RAW file was too big then he could convert to a TIFF which made no sense whatsoever to me as the TIFF file would have been bigger.

Please forget the tutorial onj my account as I am not interested.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM