View Single Post
Old 29-11-06, 14:49

Dave: With your results using good camera lens glass, I think you are demonstrating what can be done without the need for all the extra crap.... I am going to have a go with what you and Don are working with.... If it is clear tonight, Orion is in a great spot for me mid evening and so I think I will be out there with the 100-400 for a go.... Both you and Don have my respect for what you are showing and I have always been a believer of less is more when it is what you need to get it done properly..... The rest are just additional toys......Thanks to both of you.....BTW thanks for the planet info..... I got Venus, Mars and Saturn last year when they were close together in the western sky.... Of course Venus was so bright it dominated the group, but it was fun to see all three in the eyepiece.... I will be watching the upcoming grouping......Take care...Alex
I know they are soft, I know they are out of focus, I know they lack contrast, I know my sensor needs to be cleaned, I know they are noisey, I know I should crop a little off the left side, I know I should find another hobby, but other than that how do you like them??..
Gear: Yes