View Single Post
Old 15-07-19, 22:12

Fine thanks - I've been looking in but didn't have anything to say!

I've been making good use of a recently acquired Bronica ETRS. Well, I say "good use"; "extensive" might be a safer word as "good" would imply something about the quality of the results.

Pity about the filters. I just checked, and my standard larger size (for my RZ67) is 77mm, bearing out what you found, that 77mm is popular.

I haven't done the lastest DXO update, in part because I don't use the Nik collection (heresy, I know!). I am still impressed with what DXO does with the raw files from my a7rII; some of the things are beyond my Photoshop abilities were I to try to emulate then, and it's so easy as well. Very impressed. Possibly I might think otherwise if I'd stayed on the Photoshop upgrade treadmill, but I stopped at CS2 (CS3 dropped one of the few features I actually used) and Sue stopped at CS5.5. I don't feel any lack. Between DXO and Affinity, I seem to be able to do anything I'd want to, and CS2 handles my black and white films fine.

All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice (Elliot Erwitt)