View Single Post
Old 24-12-09, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelvertoft View Post
Just out of interest, having a look at the reviews on WHE of the D-Lite 4 kit, I notice the comment in one review:
"My main issue with them is that they are very powerful and i'd liked to have had the option of reducing the output down another few stops - if your space is small the 200 / 400 combo might be worth a look."

Hadn't thought of that. Having 2x 400W might be too much in a small space, given that there's a minimum power level they can be set to.
Well I am surprised unless the guy wants to shoot wide open in a small space.
Just checked the specs and the 200 adjustment range is 12-200w/s and the 400 25-400w/s, so only one stop in it.

As you know I have a Multiblitz 200w/s and that is often underpowered for what I want even using it in the limited space of the workshop. When used as the master I always have it on full bore from max 3ft away to get f11 at ISO100. Maybe I do loose more power firing into a giant Apollo rather than straight though as in those softboxes, but I bet its not more than 1 Stop.

Maybe I should see if I can find my flash meter and measure it.

Anyway a really cheap solution to that if its an occasional problem, is garden fleece draped over the front panel. 2 layers will cut light by around a stop I guess.
( you can tell I fly by wire - never use a flashmeter ). Double that for -2 stops etc, etc.

Don