View Single Post
Old 24-03-07, 21:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Carson View Post
I'm newly joined, just a new kid on the block and don't know much about digital photography. My photographic postings have been pretty rough and ready and I limit myself to cropping and recently a little noise reduction, sharpening and brightening.
I feel almost ashamed to post such images when I see the quality pictures on this site.
Now I'm learning that instead of capturing stunning images by using natural talent, patience and perhaps a little luck, some of it is done with the aid of commercial photographic enhancing programs.
Any and all extraneous material is removed artificially. leaving a pristine image. Instead of photographic skill, digital processing skill can be of prime importance. No one knows if it's talent in the field or talent on the computer.
I have to say I'm disapointed.

Bruce C
Bruce, I am not saying that this is acceptable and certainly would not post a image in the Gallery with this amount of material removed. I am just interested in people's views on this. If nothing else it has certainly made you aware of what could be done.

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM