View Single Post
Old 19-01-16, 21:33

Default Three Number RED, GREEN and COLOR VALUES

These NUMBERS are OPEN ENDEDED from 000 000 000 (r g b) TOTAL BLACK tp 256. 256 256 (r g b) TOTAL WHITE.
There is a fine selection of VALUES when multiplying 256 X256 X 256 totalling 16 mil 777 thou and a couple of hundred separate values. I guess every color known on the planet is between the outer figures.
First - in PAINT SHOP PRO -> EDIT -> EFFECTS, I put a TIF work copy through a PLUG IN called PERFECTLY CLEAR.
That done - I go to my EDIT -> PALETTE -> MATERIALS SWATCHES PAGE.
Next - I go to my TIF and open it up to 1000% or so MAX and check for any areas needing touch ups. I do this with my probe which gives me a 3 number value. Then I click on FORGROUND BOX to open further. Then I go to the edge TIF correction area and click on it. Those 3 NUMBERS automatically are put in R G B boxes in my SWATCH SCREEN area along with the blended color from them. Then I click on OK to give me my FOREGROUND BOX color for TWEAKING.
Then - I use a very small PAINT TOOL BRUSH SIZE (1, 2 or 3) (for larger tweaking areas I may go up to BRUSH SIZE 10 or so) and then click all over the area needing touch up - very slowly - depending size of enlargement of TIF image. I even use a magnifying glass if the TWEAKING area is particularly small.
If I cannot find the color I want in image - I can scan in any hard copy material from outside sources, do a SAVE AS of any image reproduction off the net. Then I do a scan with the probe for any 3 NUMBER COLOR VALUES or BLACK and WHITE and SEPIA TONAL VALUES and click on those - if need be - the same way I do the above way. I
That done - I go over the whole image doing this. If need be, I can manually adjust my R G B 3 NUMBERS as well to achieve the color needed. Here is a link for 3 number color values - http://rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm
The two illustrations are done this way.

I love the Old Masters for incentive and compositional ideas.

Last edited by nldunne; 19-01-16 at 21:41.