View Single Post
Old 30-12-05, 20:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire
Don I have just taken a photo of the bellows and extension tubes so you can see what I have. On the icicle shot I didn't use flash but I did use flash for the wasp, Only the flip up flash on the 350d I do have a slave flash I can use.
Just been to DP Review as I am not familiar with most of the new kit.

Your flip up flash is fine for triggering a remote but just does not have the power for this sort of thing at such small apertures.

As you are quite happy rummaging around for used kit you need to look for a flash with a Guide Number of at least 24 at ISO100. The higher that number the better as you can never have too much power. You will also need a triggering device ( slave ). Good deals can be had on old flash guns as most people want the latest in multi metering TTL systems.

VERY IMPORTANT NEVER EVER connect a non system flash directly to your camera as the trigger voltage could cause serious damage to the camera electronics.

I will set to on a flash with bellows / tubes in the Flash thread. In the mean time restrict yourself to the lower magnification end of your set up as you will not need such small light consuming apertures. You now need to look at the flash thread to understand where I am coming from.

Don