View Single Post
Old 09-01-06, 20:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adey Baker
One of the advantages of the competitions on the sister-website Birdforum is the inclusive nature which encourages everyone to join in. I think the more ambitious suggestions you're proposing might actually put off a lot of members. Some photo magazines use a similar format and I would imagine that a large number of readers never even consider entering, just leaving it to the dedicated few.

I'm not sure what is being proposed here is so different to BF - that has a different theme each month - albeit within a common genre - but thats because the forum is dedicated to birds. If this one is to be dedicated to photography then surely there should be scope to broaden the horizons.

That said I sure one could come up with themes which give lots of scope for people to think as widely or as comfortably as they wish. Single word themes such as Wood, People, Indoors, Night, Colour, Buildings are extremely unrestricting but perhaps offer some simple challenges to help us diversify.

As to Exif I think its useful to see for other people to learn from but for those using film or wishing to "Save for Web" there could be an option/requirement to include the basic elements in the description.

And for date - trust people's integrity - its not as if there's millions at stake.

Last edited by Nigel G; 09-01-06 at 20:49.