WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

HP Image Zone

Old 04-04-07, 20:42

Well I have found the main web site http://www.novadevelopment.com/Company/

Still never heard of them though.

Don
Old 04-04-07, 20:50

Well I did hope for a downloadable manual even a simple version, but having signed up for the free dowload site I can only get clip art.

Not looking promising.

Don
Old 04-04-07, 21:10

Hi Don

You will find my version at http://www.novadevelopment.com/Produ...w/default.aspx David
Old 04-04-07, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeyfan View Post
Hi Don

You will find my version at http://www.novadevelopment.com/Produ...w/default.aspx David
Been there David. That is the site I hoped to be able to download a manual from.

50 + pages of google search have not really shown any useful results either.

Unless someone else recognises this prog and can help you may need to consider a download of Christines prog. As you say you are a bit unfamiliar with computers we can give you guidance for a successful download and install. The big advantage of using a prog we are familiar with is that we can post meaningful screen grabs to help overcome a problem.

I will have to learn a bit about FastStone to make sure I get I do right ( get told off otherwise ) but it is something to consider.

In the case of buying from a store it is worth canvassing some opinions as to the number of users who may be able to help with any prob you may have. For example I have Paint Shop pro 7 & 8 and can help with screen grabs there, but not 9 or 10. Other members use a variety of other progs.

Don
Old 04-04-07, 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey View Post
The big advantage of using a prog we are familiar with is that we can post meaningful screen grabs to help overcome a problem.

Don
David check out the Digital Darkroom Forum - NX Hints & Tips thead to see what I mean.

Don
Old 04-04-07, 21:58

Don

As feared, I would not undestand any programme. This one has all the settings from pixels to inches and cm. If I understood all this, I would have some idea. But I simply do not have the faintest idea which to choose when trying to resize. If I knew what measurments to choose, I may have some idea. But because it is not set for me like what size for web sites etc, I never will get to grips with it. People have sent me other programmes including Paintshop but it was far beyond me. They all say it is easy. Yes, easy to them, but not me. I could not work it out then, so why should I now?!. I asked Staples if fools like me can work Photo Explosion. They said yes, but it is the same old problems having to work out mathmatics that I have no idea about in the first place.

I could not download the programmes suggested so that members could talk me through it. But my computer simply would not allow it, and I have no idea why. That is why I had to buy this programme from Staples. David

Last edited by Pompeyfan; 04-04-07 at 22:01.
Old 04-04-07, 22:24

Quote:
As feared, I would not undestand any programme. This one has all the settings from pixels to inches and cm. If I understood all this, I would have some idea. But I simply do not have the faintest idea which to choose when trying to resize. If I knew what measurments to choose, I may have some idea. But because it is not set for me like what size for web sites etc, I never will get to grips with it. David
Step 1 David for web posting look at pixels. I usually post pics 1024 pixels wide max. That normally gives 760 pixels tall. If you look at my galley that will give some idea of the displayed size.

I would suggest you first consider 800 pixels wide. So roughly 600 pixels tall. Those are for pics in landscape format. Quite a number of my grahics in the NX thread fit that dimension.

The size you elect for posting is really down to the image quality. If a super job then go 1024 but you can go as far down as you like. 400 and below will be very small, and if you are trying to show any detail it will be hard to see. But there is no fixed rule you can pick anything between say 500 and 800 for starters.

Inches/cm is for printing.

Quote:
People have sent me other programmes including Paintshop but it was far beyond me. They all say it is easy. Yes, easy to them, but not me. I could not work it out then, so why should I now?!. I asked Staples if fools like me can work Photo Explosion. They said yes, but it is the same old problems having to work out mathmatics that I have no idea about in the first place.

David
If you still have Paintshop then let me know which version I may be able to help.

Do not worry that you find it all confusing. It took me a while to get my head round my first imaging program and that was without any help. Remember it is always easy for those that know how, and always easy if you are a sales guy , you probably have knowledge of things that you think are easy but that would give me a headache.

Do not give up we are here to help if we can.

Don

Last edited by Don Hoey; 04-04-07 at 22:38.
Old 04-04-07, 22:44

Thanks Don. I no longer have Paintshop. Will try again tomorrow with the settings you suggest in pixels. David
Old 04-04-07, 22:49

Quote:
Thanks Don. I no longer have Paintshop. Will try again tomorrow with the settings you suggest in pixels. David
David go for a small one first with not to much detail so that file size stays small. That should then upload OK. I am out tomorrow but will check when I come back. From that we will be able to get you going. If you title it ' For Don ' I cannot miss it.

Don
Old 04-04-07, 22:53

David, A thought. If you have any pics on the web let me know where and I can go for a size check.

Don