WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Wireless flash triggers

Old 07-01-16, 22:44

Default Wireless flash triggers

I would welcome any help. I having been trying to find compatible wireless flash trigger transeveirs to use with my Panasonic fz200 camera and Olympus FL-36 flash.
Old 28-01-16, 05:36

I am not familiar with Pana you have so if you are asking about TTL triggering etc, I have no ideas but for my Canon's Yongnuo is known to be an excellent and budget choice of trigger and multiple receivers. Not sure if they support Pana. In general and if you know about flash, specially manual control, you may want to look into:

Yongnuo has a simple model that works only on manual (Your flash should support full manual) and here is the LINK.

Something like this LINK. You should be having the same stuff for UK at your Wex or Amazon UK or likewise.

And honestly, if your are able to control all manually, you may as well use old fashion light slaves.

Challenge would be to find TTL internal cam wireless control and I know that even cheap entry level Canons such as Rebel T5i gives you that with use of over the camera tiny flash that triggers any large Canon's expensive flash, TTL.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 16-02-16, 02:14

I hope you are still here as I don't see indication of any input from your side.
In any case to give the benefit of doubt, let me share my recent very good experience with a manual flash that can be easily set up and triggered directly by the camera top flash.
Next time, when getting to your photo store, have a look at a very inexpensive but not cheap, manual flash, called: Neewer TT560. This flash looks a lot like Canon's 580 but at fraction of cost, here in USA, under $40 and off course manual. But flash has a built in Slave with 2 modes and 8 levels of output from 1/1 down to 1/128. It works very effectively with my Sony A6000 camera (That I had problem to find an off camera synch flash) that with another trigger set up (External slave shoe), always miss the synch time, possible due to pre-flash or something else that I can't figure out but with this flash all is perfect and flash output can be adjusted simply by afew trial and error.
Here is a sample image from last shooting my favorite subject, "Little feathery friend".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08850-Neewer.jpg (95.4 KB, 7 views)

" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 16-02-16 at 02:18.
Old 23-05-16, 16:28

Thank you for the good advice, I was searching for something similar for a while now
Old 23-05-16, 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaAdams View Post
Thank you for the good advice, I was searching for something similar for a while now
You are welcome.
The problem with above solution is that this is light trigger system and not wireless (Radio) so you may find some difficulties in day use, when light is already too intense.
An alternative (Very cheap) is to have a look at a radio wave wireless system such as this one:

LINK

That is comprised of one Trigger unit to go with camera flash hot shoe and the other base units to be added to each additional flashes.
You simply can't beat the price at under $27 for all units (At times even @ about $25).
It runs on unusual batteries though.
It is fully manual so No TTL.
This system is universal for all cameras that have usual type of flash base (Almost all, except older Sony DSLR and some Minolta's).

Then you have the option to go with what many professional photographers have used and have become a loyal fan, that gives you TTL etc in addition to longer range connectivity and excellent result with manual override etc:

LINK

The link above is for Canon (You see the letter "C" in item title) and Nikon versions have "N" in their name.
These come in to versions, older one and MK II or new version that additionally gives you USB connection port so that you can change firmware as needed and more versatile. Both almost at the same price so make sure to try to get Mk II version, if you go this route.
This system is Camera brand Dependant and you can't use the Nikon version for Canon or vise versa, additionally the build for N or C are very different with different controls (As the flash system is basically very different between these two brands) and other camera brand owners at this time are without luck.

" JOE BIDEN

Last edited by sassan; 23-05-16 at 16:48.