WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Camera Armour

Old 15-02-07, 10:22

Default Camera Armour

We not so long ago had some promotional data through at work.
Camera armour for all the popular digital camera bodies....
We've not had any of the products in on delivery yet, but I'm intrigued.

Years ago I did some work experience in a prop shop of a Theatre.. Can remember the theatre photographer using a foam camera body blimp to dumb down the noise of the shutter during the dress rehearsal, as to not interfer with the sound recording being made by a TV crew. I believe blimps are very popular in this industry, as they currently are with some wildlife photographers.

The main promo' blurb is pushing the product as a camera protector, but has anyone experienced one of these new products and successfully used it to dumb down the shutter/drive noises on their SLR's?
How well does it work? Any good, or just a waste of money?

I'm interested in peoples views and findings.

for anyone not knowing what these products look like, here's a link

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DG
Old 18-07-07, 19:50

The Camera Armor company is up and running and their products are available. Not particularly effective at sound-deadening.

There are two popular blimps used to deaden the sound of still cameras. Nikon's CS-13 (now discontinued) is probably the grandaddy of the genre. The other is the Jacobson Sound Blimp.
Old 18-07-07, 20:34

I've been using Camera Armour on my 30D since February. very happy with it, but have not noticed that it sound proofs the camera in any way. It does make the camera more comfortable to hold.

For the smaller camera such as the Nikon D70, it improves the grip, and is well worth buying.

Harry