WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > The Digital Darkroom

The Digital Darkroom The In-Computer editing forum.

Skylum luminar 4

Old 13-02-20, 10:34

Default Skylum luminar 4

Last week I got the skylum multi bundle.
After some issues with the instalation codes not working I managed to get it all working.( a week on and still no response from customer service)
The luminar 4 is a very good program with a few provisos.
The Ai sky replacement is a great asset , however... in some images it can't see the sky, this seems to be when the foreground is the same brightness as the sky, Ie sand ,water and grass. If you use one of the "blue sky" you can see the overlay in the rest fo the image (faintly) to overcome this you need to re light the rest of the image. I noticed this on a car image where it made the chrome light blue. Once the blend is sorted though it is very effective.
The "Looks" are a bit strange and are mainly colour and contrast changes.
Having said that it does give excellent results most of the time, and it may be that my 5K screen shows things up more.
I feel that an image that has been processed is just that, an image not a photograph any more.
The Aurora HDR that came with it is also a good processor if used very sparingly, otherwise it soon becomes obvious it is an HDR image.
All in all after a few problems it was a good buy, especially as it had an £85 discount this month.
Charles