WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

tripods

Old 06-04-09, 22:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardh8828 View Post
is this tripod any good?
http://www.hqproducts.com/eng/produc...tl_HQ-TRIPOD35

it will be carried a good bit...and i want to be able to look up at the sky with it too..

its £30something quid so its not bad...

will a sony A200 fit on it?
Check out the Redsnapper Tripods excellent build quality and cost around £50.00 + they will support upto 10kg.
Cheers
Brian
Old 06-04-09, 22:46
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelvertoft View Post
As Peter (postcardcv) says, cheap tripods are a waste of time and you'll only end up getting rid of it and getting something better later. As an alternative to a Manfrotto 190, take a look at the Velbon Sherpa range. The heads aren't as good as the Manfrotto range, but they are very good value for money.

Some typical prices and range availability.
http://www.warehouseexpress.com/cate...=257&Range=570

Duncan
I use a Velbon Sherpa Pro Carbon 635 which I love. Warehouse Express £156 without head. Or go to Bristol Cameras - £145 with free Velbon 157Q head. However I agree with Duncan about the Velbon heads.... so tell Bristol Cameras you want a Manfrotto head instead and they'll knock ~£20 off against the Velbon head you're not having, which means you're getting a set of CF legs for ~ £125
Old 08-04-09, 10:34

I recently bought a Manfrotto light weight tripod 055MF3. It's magnesium fiber tripod with 808RC4 three way pan tilt head. Pretty good for travel photography especially after my 058 Manfrotto.
Old 08-04-09, 11:05

Default photos of the moon

I took some pics of the moon you dont really need any tripod because the moon is very bright and if its of the moon only not moonlight on somthing else
you need manual exposure of about F8 1/200 sec or abouts at 100 asa to get any detail ,if you use auto exposure it will measure the darkness around the moon and the moon will be to bright to see any detail
Old 10-04-09, 20:38

Hi. My first Tripod was an Argos £29:99 job. Lasted about a year before the plastic camera plate gave up on me. Of course it was impossible to buy a new plate alone. I invested £130 in a Manfrotto tripod. Four years later its still good as new, perfectly stable and looks like it will last me and probably my Grandchildren a life time.
Old 01-10-13, 02:15

The link you posted taking me to a different page, not showing any tripod at all.
Old 25-11-14, 09:40

Hi Richard, I doubt wether any £30 tripod would be any use for anything but as a frame for growing tomatoes.

I have had an assortment of cheap and not so cheap tripods over the years.
my latest one Is my favourite, it is a Coman brand which I think are the same as Sirui.
it is carbon fibre with 5 leg sections, weighs almost nothing and folds down very small.
I regularly stick my 5dmkiii and sigma 300-800 on it with no, problems.
It is not that cheap though at $300 but not as expensive ase some better known brands.
Old 25-11-14, 17:52

Once you've considered new, have a look for them on Ebay I got a Manfrotto befree (lightweight but excellent for fell walking & travel) for £85, RRP around £140 upwards

There is one on at the mo http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manfrotto-...item418b2552e3
Old 28-11-14, 21:13

Car boot sales are a great place to look for tripods, back in the Summer I purchased a SLIX U9000 of £10.