WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

35mm Film SLR

Old 31-03-06, 08:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony.rowell
I have a digital canon 10d and a film camera eos 600 i was thinking was using my eos 600 but only to take advantage of my canon 17 mm 40 mm zoom as i would get full avantage of the 17 mm setteing ! unless i had a canon 5 d !
Tony,

You may well find that using a lens designed for a digital camera with a crop factor will give serious vignetting (dark areas) in the corners of the frame when used on a full frame film body.

Lenses designed for digital bodies project a smaller image than full-frame lenses.

Duncan.
Old 31-03-06, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelvertoft
Tony,

You may well find that using a lens designed for a digital camera with a crop factor will give serious vignetting (dark areas) in the corners of the frame when used on a full frame film body.

Lenses designed for digital bodies project a smaller image than full-frame lenses.

Duncan.
Whilst you are correct, the Canon 17-40L is not designed specifically for digital. It is an EF lens and its the EFS lenses that you are referring to, these would not even fit a non EFS compatable camera, as they protrude deeper into the mirror box and would foul the mirror in a full frame camera
Old 31-03-06, 11:42

Thank you Duncan and Stephen i have never tried it yet on the eos 600 only my 10 d but i think this one has been designed for EOS film cameras if not let me know,i may not have put all the lens info down,sorry, canon are making things complicated now !the lens is a -
canon zoom EF 17-40 mm f4 L-usm lens ! and i must say it is a superb lens,thank you again for reply's.
Old 29-05-06, 10:39

I will not have to use my eos 600 for full frame i have bought a canon 5d and what a camera just superb,fancy falling in love with a camera !looking through the view finder is as clear as anything owing to the full frame,and i can alter the ISO for every single shot and so easy,there is no built in flash which would be handy now and again ! altough indoor shots i do like natural shots !this camera was origanly £2500 now it is £1800 and also i have got back £200 from canon ! i have just done a site for which all the photo has been taken at my home it is www.myhomeandgardenindigital.me.uk and the photos in the may to july was taken with the Canon 5d the idea of this site is to show people who cant get out what can be done at your own home with a digital camera and computer mind you a garden would help but you can take table top photos,i thought of doing this site as 7 years ago i had a stroke that affected the whole of my right side could not walk very well or use my right hand which is still bad i use to press the shutter release button with my left hand a feat in it self ! after a year of doing that it came to my mind to stick something rough on the release button so i could feel it,which i did and it worked,i have a large pond in my garden which atracts a lot of dragonflys i had five differant types last year they are not on this site as i want photos on it that i have taken from feb this year to feb next year and the site will then be complete ! sorry for long message but it is a thought any one could do a site like this if they have a garden but better still a nature garden !cheers.Tony.