WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

What memory card?

Old 19-10-09, 11:09

Thank you all for such great help and advice. I greatly appreciate everyone taking the time to offer some advice.
I probably should say that i have had a bad experience with a Sandisk card failing but I guess this is going to happen with any of the manufacturers - none are perfect. The limited lifetime warranties offered on some cards give some recourse from a failure but little comfort when you have lost your photos.
Getting back to the ebay thing. Yeah, I agree you need to be careful but I can say from experience that when you purchase something from ebay and use paypal you have a lot of security in place to recover your money should something not be right - and this I know from experience. I stick to ebay people with very very high ratings.
Anyway, I'm still in two minds over a 32gb card and I'm glad I've been able to read all your comments.
Susy
Old 21-10-09, 23:47

ebay readily admits that over 80% of solid state memory sold on their site are fakes. Your D300 shouldn't have any problems handling a 32Gb sized card. I'm inclinded to agree with the majority here, regarding how many shots to 'risk' on each card, and I am in favour of 2,4 and 8 Gb cards myself. However, a large capacity card is desirable in some circumstances, in the similar way a large bulk film magazine might have been for film.
Old 12-12-09, 18:45

oh its grate.i use only 4gb.it will ore helpful when i will go to the tour.
thanks.
Old 12-12-09, 21:16

A 4Gb card gives me 300+ images which is more than enough for me for a day's shooting and I have a 2Gb card just in case.
Old 04-09-14, 00:59

32 GB is a pretty big memory card even though you shoot raw although it largely depends on how much you shoot.