WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

Jessops

Old 10-11-09, 19:32

I understand fully Deci. In fact my own mum, last time she was in her local Currys buying a computer printer got a little upset by the whole experience......the assistant 'helping' her apparently turned out to be the manager, so desparate that she should buy a spare cartridge and USB lead with the printer, she actually put the printer back and went next door to Comet. It's a sorry example which I have no doubt gets repeated time and again up and down the country (one of the reasons why I left Currys, that and working with kids!). I once heard the retail advice that if someone has a good experience in a shop they might on average tell two other people about it. Whereas if its a bad experience it's more likely to be six. Thats not taking into account the world wide web!
It's quite often the robotic thoughtlessness that gets shops into a pickle. Prime example that ground my gears recently in Sainsburys. I'd popped in and bought milk, bread and eggs, which was swiftly followed by the cashier asking "Would you like help with your packing"? Three items for heavens sake!! It was slightly irritating at the time but funny on reflection.
Unfortunately it happens everywhere I guess
Old 11-11-09, 20:38

Here we are knocking jessops prices but what about Argos who seem to have decided to get into Photography more http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse...Low+-+High.htm

£6700 for the canon 500f4 !!!!!
Old 12-11-09, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Here we are knocking jessops prices but what about Argos who seem to have decided to get into Photography more http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse...Low+-+High.htm

£6700 for the canon 500f4 !!!!!
Well that's only £1700 over camerapricebusters best!
Old 04-01-10, 19:51

A bit of a surprise this weekend and Jessops have gone up slightly in my estimation.

We are at present upgrading our equipment, and were looking for two new camera bodies. Last Saturday we started our quest and dropped into Jessops to investigate, with our usual intention to look and feel but go elsewhere for the best price. Someone at Jessops must have been listening to my gripes, we walked out with a new 5D Mk2 for £1,650.00, a similar price to the internet. By comparison the shop down the High St wanted £200 more for the same product.

Our joy was a little bit tempered by the attitude of the shop assistant, who halfway through investigating the price of a 1DS Mk3, walked away from us to serve someone else. When he finally came back, he confirmed that Jessops could get a 1DS for £3,799.00, but not at this store I would have to travel to collect from one of only four stores in the UK who can handle this piece of kit, one of those being Belfast.

I was not going to be perturbed, I rang the sales line and told them my story, this morning I got a call from Jessops, and after a bit of negotiating I should be the proud owner of a 1DS Mk3 later this week for the all in price of £3,799.00 including postage and packaging.

For price I given them 9/10, in shop customer care 4/10, telephone customer care 8/10.

But as they say on all good TV programmes "to be continued" !
Old 21-01-10, 21:09

Well 17 days down the line, the 1DS still hasn't arrived.

I was promised it within 10 days, but nothing appeared. I expected to be told it was the weather, however the excuse was that the shop have sent a 1D Mk3 to the warehouse and not a 1DS. They confirmed that this had been rectified and the 1DS would be on its way to me shortly. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and called again a couple of days later, to be told that the shop was now sending it to me direct and this would be despatched on the 20th. I called on the 20th to be told that the shop were sending it to the warehouse and that it would be despatched from there, this morning I was told that Customer services would call me back and this afternoon that a sales assistant would call me back. I'm still waiting. This afternoon I've written a suitable worded letter to the CEO of Jessops, basically telling him the company deserves all the misfortune it has suffered if this is how they treat their customers.

Tomorrow morning I will be call the customer help line and will be telling them where they can shove their 1DS Mk3.

I go back to what I said earlier in this thread, if Jessops disappeared from the High St, I would not shed a tear.
Old 23-01-10, 13:51

Snotty letter had an effect, and the 1DS was apparently despatched yesterday, though the DHL tracking number they have given me, doesn't work. In theory I should receive the camera early next week.
Old 23-01-10, 19:51

Reckon they said they had dispatched it so it was too late for you to cancel it then hopefully someone has been sent to dispatch one quick. That would explain why the tracking number does not work!
Old 24-01-10, 12:33

You maybe right, all I want is the camera by the end of next week as we have a large project to undertake for a local charity or someone at Jessops to tell me the truth.
Old 25-01-10, 21:30

Call to Jessops today, and behold, the camera has arrived in their warehouse from Edinburgh ! Contrary to what I was told on Friday it's not on its way to me via DHL at all. Today I'm told that before they can despatch it they require payment, even though they took my card details way back on 4 January and I thought this was all sorted.

Payment has now been made, again, and the camera should be with me by the end of the week.
Old 26-01-10, 19:52

This morning I get a call to say they've taken payment twice and did I want re-imbursing, so of course I said "no keep the £2,000 for all your troubles".

So once we had arranged for the credit card to be re-credited, I asked the young lady if the camera was sent out yesterday, oh yes she said, it will be sent today

If this pathetic attempt at customer services wasn't so sad, I'd be laughing !