WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > Discussion on Photo of the Week

Choosing POTW in 2016

Old 27-12-15, 23:35

I know I don't post as much as I would like to but I will throw my hat in the ring.

Dave

ON SMUGMUG

https://dwb-photography.smugmug.com/
Old 28-12-15, 12:08

Default Poty 2015

Should we have a picture of the year 2015, picked from the 52? winners of potw. (I presume they are all on or will be on the POTW gallery) I was thinking maybe the potw panel could submit their top five to Clive in order so that 1st scores 5 down to 5th scoring 1 add them up & you've got highest score is POTY. In the event of a tying score, 1st equal winners.
Old 09-01-16, 17:43
Super Moderator

Well here we are in 2016, & firstly can I say a big thank you to the members of the 2015 POTW selection panel (Nigel G, Graham Harcombe, Trena, Ade G, Mike7358 [& Postcardcv for being on standby] )for your dedication selecting some great images to become POTW last year.

Mike has asked for a year off - we hope that means you'll have more time for taking photos & look forward to seeing them on here. Nigel, Garham, Trena, & Ade have agreed to continue, thank you, & we welcome two new selectors, Sassan & Dave598, to the panel - thank you for throwing your metaphorical hats into the ring. I'll post a seperate thread with the POTW 2016 guidelines & rota

There have also been some suggestions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassan View Post
How about letting the winner of POTW be the chooser of the next week's winner on a set day of week, say Friday so that more visibility for weekend visiting photographer (That are usually more). ... however I am sure this will add to your work...
Nice idea, but I think you're right about the amount of administration work it would add, which I'm afraid I'm not up for - sorry

Quote:
I definitely welcome the idea of "Picture of Month" or "Picture of Year" however I would like to see this is not ONLY picked from the pool of POTM but entire images of the month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post
what about adding a photo of the month as an extra, with a moderator/moderators choosing the photo for the month with all its technical merits, ... then out of the monthly images you could choose a photo of the year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade G View Post
Should we have a picture of the year 2015, picked from the 52? winners of potw.
A picture of the year I think is an excellent idea & I'll PM last years panel separately with guidelines to get their votes in - look out for the results before then end of the month. Running a similar thing monthly would again add a significant administrative burden which I'm reluctant to do.

Quote:
how about a new thread to suggest games with pictures and a theme. I remember for eg Lesleyr's macro image from an onion cut, when she got her Sigma Macro lens and asked us to guess what it was, or more recently by Rob in this one: LINK only if these can be turned into a continuous type refreshing games.
Another good idea. There also used to be "Fancy a Go" game where someone posted an unedited image & then anyone who fancied a go could process with their own interpretation & the original poster choose their favorite. That person then posted a fresh image etc. LINK

Anyone is free to start a game like this - I think they generally used to run in the critique forum, although I might see if we can get a "Games" forum started.
Old 09-01-16, 18:08
Super Moderator

Update - I've messaged Andy & he's going to set up a Games forum for us so look out for it