WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

bags?

Old 14-01-06, 22:51
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardcv
Sounds like a good way of doing things... however as I'm a birder first I always have bins and scope with me, so camera stuff is either in a bag or left at home.
I just can't manage to marry dslr bird photography with birding... something inevitably suffers (though binos are always around my neck whatever). Digiscoping and birding, I can just about manage, with neither suffering to a great degree
Old 15-01-06, 09:23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
I just can't manage to marry dslr bird photography with birding... something inevitably suffers
I'm exactly the same, and it's photography that suffers - it's not unusual for me to carry my camera kit all day and hardly use it as I'm too busy birding.
Old 16-01-06, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardcv
I'm exactly the same, and it's photography that suffers - it's not unusual for me to carry my camera kit all day and hardly use it as I'm too busy birding.
Yup, I'm exactly the same. Even though my camera's not come out of the bag on my last two birding days out, I just know if I don't take it with me I'll regret it.

So I use the Lowepro Orion. I find a back pack with Sternum and Hip straps distributes the weight quite nicely.
Old 17-01-06, 09:52
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollis_f
Yup, I'm exactly the same. Even though my camera's not come out of the bag on my last two birding days out, I just know if I don't take it with me I'll regret it.

So I use the Lowepro Orion. I find a back pack with Sternum and Hip straps distributes the weight quite nicely.
I find that leaving the camera at home will guarantee a fabulous days birding, with all sorts of birds performing within a few yards of me
Old 10-02-06, 13:14

Sorry if I'm coming into the thread late but I would like to add a word of caution about branded bags. Some years ago, I went straight from the Lakes to work and left my camera equipment (Canon T90 based) in the back of the car, a volvo, parked in a side street as the works car park was full. Only for a couple of hours, so I thought it'd be OK. Stupid, I know.
Someone put the back window thru and nicked the camera stuff and bins, both of which were in good bags. But they left the wife's bins which were in a binocular case but in and ASDA bag.
Now,when I have the equipment with me and keep it in a closed boot, I still put the camera bag in a plastic bag.
H
Old 10-02-06, 22:12

i always take my photo trekker aw11.you never know how things will pan out so i take most things.when i arrive at a destination i can select a few items and use the enclosed smaller bag to lessen my workload.i have put blackout window tint in the car so you can't see whats inside.it looks a bit gangster but nobody has touched it yet.
Old 10-02-06, 22:39

I thought I would show you how I have managed to set up a camera bag on the cheap. I called into an army and navy store and purchased a water resistant rucksack. £9.99. Lined it out with lightweight MDF, foam and spacers. It will take my Canon 350D with Sigma 80-400 lens with hood on and various other lenses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8164.jpg (262.3 KB, 49 views)
Old 12-02-06, 11:54

Great idea. Cheap, and not so recognisable to tea-leaves regarding its contents. Nice one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
I thought I would show you how I have managed to set up a camera bag on the cheap. I called into an army and navy store and purchased a water resistant rucksack. £9.99. Lined it out with lightweight MDF, foam and spacers. It will take my Canon 350D with Sigma 80-400 lens with hood on and various other lenses.