WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Should I Purchase A Hide?

Old 01-02-06, 22:21

Thanks Andy and everyone for your helpfull posts.
Robin!! I mean John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
I'm a big fan of the modern camo patterns, I had a realtree jacket back in the early 90's and it's still in weekly use, i'm now almost 100% camo'd... but just can't get used to the face veils It may sound OTT but if nothing else, it gives me confidence, and that counts for a surprising amount.
Enter 'realtree' on ebay and there's some good stuff available. Besides, the modern camo patterns don't intimidate the public as much as the traditional ones did, you can go into the bank without the security shutters flying down in your face
Old 12-02-06, 15:18

I've had a look at realtree. The stuff seems quite inexpensive. I will go along this route. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
I'm a big fan of the modern camo patterns, I had a realtree jacket back in the early 90's and it's still in weekly use, i'm now almost 100% camo'd... but just can't get used to the face veils It may sound OTT but if nothing else, it gives me confidence, and that counts for a surprising amount.
Enter 'realtree' on ebay and there's some good stuff available. Besides, the modern camo patterns don't intimidate the public as much as the traditional ones did, you can go into the bank without the security shutters flying down in your face
Old 08-03-06, 01:33

Depending what you’re shooting a hide or bag blind can be very usefully. When I photograph raptors I almost always have to do it from a bag blind or the birds won't come close.
Old 08-03-06, 08:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Duncan
Depending what you’re shooting a hide or bag blind can be very usefully. When I photograph raptors I almost always have to do it from a bag blind or the birds won't come close.
Simon, thank you but, what is a bag blind?

Last edited by John; 08-03-06 at 09:11.
Old 08-03-06, 14:34

check out http://www.michigannature.com/kwikcamo.html it's basically just camo material with some strategiacally placed holes and screens etc. It might be called a bag blind because it fold up into a small bag
Old 08-03-06, 14:55
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Simon, thank you but, what is a bag blind?
Yep, same as I mentioned earlier in the thread, throw-over type that you can get from Kevin Keatley (or W/EX).