WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

Jessops UK. Good or bad?

Register to see Poll

There is a poll attached to this thread. You must be a fully registered member to be able to view or vote in this poll.

Old 22-01-07, 15:23

I often pop into the local jessops store, just to see if they have anything decent in stock. today I got to see what the canon 100-400 feels like in the hand when on the 350D, (will be along time before I can own it though, and i won't buy it from jessops).
Old 22-01-07, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
I often pop into the local jessops store, just to see if they have anything decent in stock. today I got to see what the canon 100-400 feels like in the hand when on the 350D, (will be along time before I can own it though, and i won't buy it from jessops).
You must be their favourite customer. I tend to leave a nose print on a high street shop, and buy online.
Old 22-01-07, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif View Post
You must be their favourite customer. I tend to leave a nose print on a high street shop, and buy online.
LOL - This explains Jessops high prices due to the window cleaner bills

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated
Old 22-01-07, 19:35

Hi

I wouldn't use Jessops if you paid me (well, perhaps not<g>) - I always found Jessops kind of analogous to using PC World - staff often well-meaning but not very knowledgeable although I am sure I generalise here.

However, once I discovered Park Cameras about two years ago (www.parkcameras.co.uk) in the South East of England (Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath), I haven't looked back. It is run *and* staffed by professionals, many of them are pro photographers in their spare time who work at Park to supplement their income. This means they know what they talk about. And if you get to know them, they are very loyal and you get loads of discount and get invited as a VIP to various events they attend during the year where you get to play with gear!

Just my twopenneth
Didi
Old 27-01-07, 15:54

I am soooo angry!!!!
I went into my local Jessops to talk to them about a D80 about 3 days ago, I asked about price matching, they they do not price match, so I informed them that the price on their website was £20.00 cheaper (using sale20 voucher) The guy in the store said if I printed the page off the web he could do it for the same price.
So I printed the page last night (Fri 26th Jan) and went to the store today (Sat 27th) I asked to buy the D80, They went into their store room and came back with new D80 boxed (although the box did look a bit tatty) They then rung up the price which was £20.00 more than my print out, I then showed them the web printout (to the same guy I saw 3 days before) but he said that was a web offer and could not match, I explained that it was him that told me to get web print out and come back to get the £20.00 off, but he kept telling me that offer was web only. At this stage I was getting a little angry explaining to him that I was saving his company postage if I bought the D80 from him now in store, (free delivery if bought off the INTERNET from Jessups) but He would not budge and kept telling me he could not sell me the D80 for the same price as their website.We now had a shop full of customers who could not believe what they were hearing!! when asked if he would rather loose a sale than do a deal he said he could not match his own company website price and that was that!!! So up till now Iv'e held back judgement on Jessups, well not now, I still find it hard to believe that they let me walk out of the shop without selling me the D80 I even had my credit card out ready to pay.They have lost a sale and a future customer as I will not be going back there again (see " customers" photo in my gallery)
They did not loose me seconds, It was about 10 minuets

No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life lived chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.

Lelsphotos

Last edited by Lello; 27-01-07 at 15:58.
Old 27-01-07, 16:05

LOL - you can't say that we did not warn you. It's just crazy.

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated
Old 27-01-07, 16:14

I Know now Rob, But unless it happed to me I would never have believed it
So now i don't have a D80 to play with tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg customers copy.jpg (169.2 KB, 8 views)

No amount of security is worth the suffering of a life lived chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.

Lelsphotos

Last edited by Lello; 27-01-07 at 16:18.
Old 27-01-07, 17:21

Guess that's another "bad vote" Lello eh? I'm wondering if in fact they are doing a new show for Jeremy Beadle..doing lots of filming..you actually thinks that some guy's going to come in and take his disguise off and everyone's going to have a laugh at your expense..wouldn't be so bad if that was the case..
Al.
Old 27-01-07, 21:53

Lello,
As someone who works in a Jessops branch, your story horrifies me !!!!!!

To ask you to get a print out for us to use as a 'voucher' for that sale I feel is an inconvenience for any customer. BUT, to ask that of you, only to refuse you after you've been and got that printout is absolutely f***ing appalling! What are they playing about at???!
I would never EVER even dream of asking a customer to come back with a printout for that voucher sale unless I was absolutely sure I could honour what I was asking the customer to do. I would also apologise to the customer for asking for the printout in the first place (but that's another story)..even if the customer DOESN'T have a printout, it's an expensive and valuable sale, so I would probably still ask the shop manager to authorise that deal for you!

Lello,
IF you still want that D80, and you still want to use Jessops to get it, try this number;

Jessops customer liason (head office in Leicester) 0116 232 6111

Explain what happened to you, what a dissapointment it was, and that you went in to buy that D80 but was refused

Incidentally, one of the things the folks at the branch should have done for you is to phone their regional manager to make that deal for you (depending on the branch, but some store managers don't have the powers they use to)....I'm sure their regional manager would NOT be happy to hear what happened to you. We should be looking for reasons to sell to customers, not reasons to get them out of the store empty handed!

I was so sorry to read your posting,
I hope you get your D80......they're cracking cameras

Last edited by Joe; 27-01-07 at 22:02.
Old 27-01-07, 22:08

I'd also like to add, Lello.....quite frankly I'm LIVID for you! ........in theory you SHOULD have a D80 in front of you now, and have a jessops receipt with it!

I still just CANNOT believe what happened to you today!

Please let us know (or aleast PM me) if you ring the tel number I gave you...I'd like to know what happens

Last edited by Joe; 27-01-07 at 22:27.