WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Off Topic > Computers and The Internet

Computers and The Internet This is the place to ask questions and discuss the complex world of computer and internet issues.

pcworld telephone help

Old 16-11-07, 21:20

Default pcworld telephone help

helo im new here and strugle with computes aswel as cameras in pcworld there are selling techhelp at i thikn £90 a year and you get unlimited home help for this but i cant reely aford it. but i think it would be ferry helpful. am i right

lucy
Old 17-11-07, 02:13

PC world and helpful dont really go together.

I am still waiting for a delivery of a PC i purchased from them, around this time last year. "lost in transit"
And someone i know recently bought a laptop with waranty, once purchased they tell you "it cannot be brought back to the store ring that number on this leaflet, thanks for the £500 now get out".

just experience. others may differ.
Old 17-11-07, 16:58

I would not touch PC World with a barge pole!
Old 18-11-07, 13:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy S Harte View Post
helo im new here and strugle with computes aswel as cameras in pcworld there are selling techhelp at i thikn £90 a year and you get unlimited home help for this but i cant reely aford it. but i think it would be ferry helpful. am i right

lucy

Lucy, the above is not home help, but telephone support. They work off a set script (initially, to go through the basic checks) and rely on whatever knowledge they have got already/or have learned. It really is a case of whether you get someone who knows what he is taliking about or not.

To be honest I would steer well clear. The level of expertise after they have finished the initial training is shocking.

I'm not after chasing business, but I have been in IT for over 30+ years.
I offer a very simple service where I download an application onto your computer and then remotely control it (just as if I am sat there in front of it) to look at (and sort out) problems. I can also use this as a way of demonstrating how to use certain software etc, as the user (you) can clearly see what I'm doing.

All the user needs is a telephone available next to the computer to be able to talk to me while we are working and of course the user pays for the calls.

It's not the perfect solution, as I can't fix hardware remotely. But what it can do is identify problems and advise you how to fix them - with my help.

If you (or in fact anyone else) think this may be useful, please PM me.

My New Website