WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

How to control several cameras with one computer?

Old 10-06-09, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy153 View Post
.... FOUND IT !!! Breeze systems have a program for multiple Nikons now from a laptop. Is this what is wanted? Haven't looked at price as it's Windows only
Saw it Andy, but I do not know if it gives any benefits over Camera Control Pro. That is able to read thumbs from up to 5 cameras equiped with WT-4's at one time, but we still have the syncronising of camera variables problem.

Not knowing the situation that this setup is to be used in I do not know how important it is to be able to review the output from any one camera during the shoot. If that is not critical then here is a suggestion to overcome the problem. I am not a boofin as far as radio transmission goes but logic says that this would work.
This assumes all cameras are to be triggered at the same time, and images are stored to card.
As I am not sure of the signal code that will be transmitted, I am assuming that all 4 D700's will respond equally to any particular instruction. A mix of different models may or may not.

4 or more cameras equiped with wireless transmitters, either PocketWizard or Nikon WT-4.

Initially set the cameras up with the transmitters in send and recieve to confirm the result from each camera if required.

Then select a MASTER camera and ensure the transmitter is set to SEND and RECIEVE. Nikon Camera Control Pro should then see that and be able to communicate with it to enable adjustments to be selected.

The remaining cameras will be DUMB. Transmitter on the same channel as the master unit but set to RECIEVE ONLY. The computer will not be able to see them, but logically they should recieve all commands sent to the MASTER.

Blown my brains out reading the PocketWizard and Nikon WT-4 instructions but I still have faith this will work. Nothing I can do to prove or disprove this theory as I do not have the necessary kit, but anyone with 2 or more cameras, a Camera Control program, and owning more than one PocketWizard or WT-4 or similar should be able to check it out.

Don
Old 11-06-09, 19:51

In my search yesterday for info on the Pocket Wizard I came across this one.

Not quite what this thread is about, but nevertheless I thought Sassan may never forgive me if I did not post a link to this YouTube video.

3 Canon MkIII's timed to give a sequence equaling 30fps.

Note the commentary - 5 days to get it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AuyV...eature=related

Don