WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Giottos MTL9351B

Old 15-10-09, 01:23

Cool Giottos MTL9351B

Im looking to get a tripod and have been seriously looking at the above model Giottos MTL9351B, Whats the feeling about it? + point comes with a reasonable head which I can change when I need to. £119 quite respectable....
Old 15-10-09, 13:31
Super Moderator

I've not used a Giottos tripod in the field but a place I used to work sold them so I have spent some time playing with them. They appear to be closely modeled on Manfrotto tripods (which isn't a bad thing), but are cheaper and lighter. The legs of the Giottos seemed to have a bit more wobble but they still seemed quite stable when being used. Overall I think that they offer good value though I doubt you'd get as many years of service out of one as a Manfrotto will give.
Old 15-10-09, 17:22

Never used a Giottos, but for the budget you're looking at, the Velbon Sherpa stuff is good. Don't advise buying a Velbon CF5xx model though (much as I don't recommend Manfrotto 190 series), too light for their own good.

The best thing you can do is go to a shop and have a good play with some. You can learn a lot by having a "wobble" with a range of items, far more than you'd ever learn from internet forum opinion.
Old 15-10-09, 19:25

Thx guys, after all that I did indeed go into the shop and I got the Giottos model I posted above it seems everything I need and more.... I do own a Manfrotto Modo compact tripod too which I use for my Sony HDR SR12E camcorder, great for that but it buckles under the weight of the Canon 5D MKII with lens