WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

Bill Odie ...

Old 18-01-06, 14:22

I'm aiming to document a whole season of avocets. Also to get a Bittern and Marsh Harrier nicely shot.

And to get the Falklands to shoot Cara-cara's and Penguins (properly, this time) but that might be 2007.
Old 18-01-06, 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardcv
I've been set the challenge to photograph 125 species of bird this year, I think it will be a stryggle, but am giving it a go. So far I've managed 30 species, so am off to a good start, but it will obviously get harder through the year.

Also I got a macro lens fairly late last year, so hope to get to grips with using that to good effect. I'm also very keep to explore perspective, I want to do a series of shots of familiar places taken at ground level - I want to take more bird shots from low level too.
Great challenge and a great way to get motivated and out there.

Maybe there is another opportunity here besides the competition being discussed to set mini challenges for members?

Good luck.
Old 18-01-06, 20:33

Mini challenges! that sounds like a good idea, have i missed something?
Old 18-01-06, 20:40

I thought the golden eagles were fantastic, I've only recently seen one up close, captive bred, but still exciting to watch. I also enjoyed the deer. I've made a mental note that it's a place to visit in the future this time of year!

Personally I've soent the passed few days building a personal website, sadly I've just been advised that the environment I've built it in is the most expensive to host and complicated - still it'll keep me out of mischief for a bit while it's gloomy outside!