WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

Sony DSLR A700 and A200

Old 07-01-08, 18:43

Talking Sony DSLR A700 and A200

Sony rep in today trying to get me to sell Sony.....
tried the new A700, but he let slip the all new A200 replacement to the now older Alpha A100 is due in the shops in the UK end of Jan, with a full bells and whistles pro £2500-3000 body to join the line up mid year.

Anyone here using the new A700 yet?
Quite an impressive beast, and more solid than the A100 (tho more expensive admittedly).
some interesting features, with a lot being made of the new firmware and reduced noice cababilities (always a critisism of the older A100)
3" LCD with live view and many other 'laa dee daa' features, tho I've yet to be convinced that body in-built 'super steady shot' is as capable as lens based image stabilising technology.

The more expensive pro body will even have the GPS positioning unit built into the body, dispensing of the need for a separate dongle as with A100,A200 and A700 bodies...or as he put it "When you're a bit drunk and you can't remember where you've been....you can always look back through your photo data" LOL LOL

yes, good demo had by all
Old 03-02-08, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Sony rep in today trying to get me to sell Sony.....
tried the new A700, but he let slip the all new A200 replacement to the now older Alpha A100 is due in the shops in the UK end of Jan, with a full bells and whistles pro £2500-3000 body to join the line up mid year.

Anyone here using the new A700 yet?
Quite an impressive beast, and more solid than the A100 (tho more expensive admittedly).
some interesting features, with a lot being made of the new firmware and reduced noice cababilities (always a critisism of the older A100)
3" LCD with live view and many other 'laa dee daa' features, tho I've yet to be convinced that body in-built 'super steady shot' is as capable as lens based image stabilising technology.

The more expensive pro body will even have the GPS positioning unit built into the body, dispensing of the need for a separate dongle as with A100,A200 and A700 bodies...or as he put it "When you're a bit drunk and you can't remember where you've been....you can always look back through your photo data" LOL LOL

yes, good demo had by all
I've just upgraded from my Konica Minolta 7D to the A700.

First impressions:
The shutter/mirror combination is extremely fast and quieter than the 7D.
I can now magnify the image when taking RAW (very useful).
The ability to set parameters using the Fn button rather than using the menu system is a bonus.

I have yet to test the 'Super Steady Shot' performance comparison with the 7D but I found that very satisfactory.

Had I been starting from scratch (with no previous kit to use) I may well have been tempted by the Nikon D300 specs.