WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Equipment Reviews

Equipment Reviews Post a review of your equipment in here

Do Not Buy Hp Laptops

Old 08-04-09, 09:01

Im a computer technician aswell i personally i wouldnt go down the Mac route as there is no advantage to it anymore, as Mac use PC components such as Intel and Ati where as before they used there own motarola processors. In my opinion Mac's are over priced beyond believe and for the same money you could buy a lot more powerful machine
Old 08-04-09, 19:30

I love my lil' Dell notepad. It's hardly cutting edge spec' wise, but it fits neatly into the front pocket of the Billingham 445 kit bag. The wife's laptop is a much nicer unit, massive screen, newer design etc, but much bigger (and heavier).
Old 10-04-09, 18:16

I have an HP Pavilion laptop (I'm using it right now) and it's three years old. So far, it's still going strong (I'm looking round for some wood to touch ) and I use it all the time.
The battery is completely knackered, runs flat in 15 minutes, so I use it on AC power but as I use it at home, that's no big deal for me.
Old 10-04-09, 18:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Close your eyes and go for Apple.
At the prices they charge? I was looking round PC World (and others) the other week, as my aunt wanted a new desktop, and the price difference between PC and Mac made me resolve never to buy a Mac. On average a PC cost around £400-500 while the cheapest mac was a few pence short of £1000.
Old 18-04-09, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirax View Post
Im a computer technician aswell i personally i wouldnt go down the Mac route as there is no advantage to it anymore, as Mac use PC components such as Intel and Ati where as before they used there own motarola processors. In my opinion Mac's are over priced beyond believe and for the same money you could buy a lot more powerful machine

Its all down to personal choice when choosing a MAC or a windows based PC. Macs are more stable and reliable than windows based PCs but the cost is a lot higher. Fortunately I bought a Mac Book Pro before the new model was released and I saved myself £250 as the new model was repriced higher.

I use my MAC for all my photo and video needs as it comes kitted out with basic software (iLife) which is really good and easy to use. Unfortunately with windows based PCs you have to pay extra for any decent software.

If you're doing a lot of photo and video work then go for a MAC. If not save the £££ and buy a windows based PC.

Having said that I am starting to use my MAC for more day to day stuff as I get more familiar with it.
Old 03-05-09, 10:52

Hi
Just been looking at the Mac comments after years of us using the Pc's theres no competition between them the Mac wins hands down in every way. F
Old 24-07-09, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy153 View Post
Hi Susan, I'm a Mac user back to 1986 and the original Mac Classic, I used PC's at work. I would recommend any Mac Book or Mac Book Pro - any problems - you switch off and switch on again and its sorted. With the new dual intel chips in the Macs you can also run Windows - if you must !! So most of your Windows software is not redundant. It would give you a chance to run Apple Aperture, a fantastic Photo program. If on a tight budget look at eBay but be careful there are scams about.
i would second the mac thing i have had pc's for years and always had problems with them
ive had my macbook just under a year and had no problems at all. It might sound cliched but macs just work and when you do have a problem the customer service is excellent
my 2 cents
hope this helps

Last edited by fred; 24-07-09 at 16:23.