WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > Discussion on Photo of the Week

POTW 11th Oct

Old 18-10-15, 19:07
Super Moderator

Default POTW 11th Oct

Sorry for the late post folks - I was away last weekend... and then I forgot

Difficult choice with five images making my final shortlist but my winner is Adey Baker' - Fungi in the Grass. Pin sharp where it needed to be, well handled exposure, love the composition with the second out of focus fungus to the right.

Also in contention were Ade G's Fungi & Rocky Fingers, Marydoll's Dancing Lights & Robski's Silver Surfer - well done all
Old 21-10-15, 23:59

was wondering what happened to POTW, congrats, wonderful shot and great POV

Trena
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. : Scott Adams
Old 22-10-15, 07:40

Many thanks, Clive. A few days later these had flattened out and gone much browner!

Technical details: Olympus E-M1 with 25mm Zuiko F1.8 lens. !/250th sec. at F8, ISO 100 (Low).

The shot was made easier by using the m4/3rds mirrorless system features to the full - the horizontal and vertical 'level' gauge ensured the shot was level where the sloping background could have caused problems and the tilting LCD screen made framing considerably easier compared to lying flat on the ground. I'm not getting any younger and I might not have attempted such a low-level shot on sloping ground anyway! Also, the 50mm-equivalent lens (compared to 'full-frame') of 25mm meant that F8 was more than enough to keep the nearest fungus fully sharp.

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/...00/ppuser/1805

'Write when there is something you know: and not before: and not too damned much after' Ernest Hemingway