WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

Sony's new APC mirrorless is here!

Old 11-06-19, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by marydoll View Post
I've been impressed by your 'flower' photographs and your new camera. I haven't thought about anything camera wise lately - it's kinda spring cleaning time and curtains etc are on the agenda!! Have fun with your new camera.
Thanks a lot Marydoll. Yes that little camera is marvelous and I'm to love it more and, by day.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN
Old 11-06-19, 22:28

Sony did it again!
For everyone who was a fan of dust-pump lens, Canon 100-400mmL who switched to Sony or for anyone else on any other platform that loved Tamron or Sigma 150-600mm, Sony has a bad news! They are to release another fair lens, 200-600mm
with following spects as per B&H: that is so well priced, just under $2000 and surly will drive a lot of wildlife lovers or sport photographers, right into Sony.

Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS Lens
B&H # SO200600G MFR # SEL200600G
E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
Aperture Range: f/5.6-6.3 to f/32-36
5 ED Elements & 1 Aspherical Element
Nano AR Coating and Fluorine Coating
Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
Zoom Torque Adjustment Ring
Internal Focus; Focus Range Limiter
Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
Eleven-Blade Circular Diaphragm

LINK

" JOE BIDEN
Old 08-07-19, 04:24

Sony's success in the mirrorless cameras is forcing the DSLR top brands Nikon and Canon to come up with more new mirrorless ones. But, Sony is easily winning this battle, I guess, with more lens options
Old 16-09-20, 16:43

I like this a lot.
Old 12-10-21, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindvkumar View Post
Sony's success in the mirrorless cameras is forcing the DSLR top brands Nikon and Canon to come up with more new mirrorless ones. But, Sony is easily winning this battle, I guess, with more lens options
Absolutely and I can not be any with you more on this.
But and interestingly, don't forget (That is if you're old enough as I am and remember history!) that it was the very bitter loss of Sony by the great big brother and sister on DSLRs (Canon in USA and Nikon and Canon in the rest of the world) that made Sony build "Mirrorless", in the first place.

No matter how you look at it, it's a great time to be a consumer!

" JOE BIDEN
Old 14-10-21, 19:04

The Panasonic cameras have one major weakness for me. I like trying to capture action shots such as birds in flight and the Panasonic Depth From Defocus (Sophisticated Contrast autofocus) is too slow for that. The forthcoming GH6 is strongly rumoured to be bringing in a hybrid system of phase detect alongside contrast detect which is what every other manufacturer does.
I love my micro 4/3 kit (Olympus in my case) because focal length equivalent to focal length equivalent the lenses are much smaller and lighter and often cheaper too.
Old 02-09-23, 15:16

The features of Sony's new APS-C mirrorless camera include:

High-Resolution Sensor: It boasts a high-resolution APS-C sensor for capturing detailed and sharp images.

Compact and Lightweight: The camera is designed to be compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry around for on-the-go photography.

Advanced Autofocus: It features advanced autofocus technology for fast and accurate subject tracking.

Last edited by Andy; 06-09-23 at 09:01. Reason: spammer
Old 03-09-23, 03:17

Default Sony Alpha 6700

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryPotter69 View Post
The features of Sony's new APS-C mirrorless camera include:

High-Resolution Sensor: It boasts a high-resolution APS-C sensor for capturing detailed and sharp images.

Compact and Lightweight: The camera is designed to be compact and lightweight, making it easy to carry around for on-the-go photography.

Advanced Autofocus: It features advanced autofocus technology for fast and accurate subject tracking.
This was an old post but if you are referring to Sony's newest APC mirrorless edition, Alpha or A6700, then you're absolutely correct.

Sony made a miraculous build long back, called A6000 that when introduced in 2014, was at least 5 years ahead of its time. And no wonder it still sells well and keeps its residual value fully after many many years. Now this new A6700 is not a facelift, unlike its a bit older predecessors. It is a totally new beast unleashed that must admit, is well ahead of its release time with Amazing amazing AFing system, better battery, fully articulated LCD, 4K video at 120 and the list goes on and on.

The price for the body only here in the State is 1.4K USA $, with a lower grade kit lens (16-50mm), $100 more (That is a shame not to buy it at this configuration), and with the better kit lens (), $1.7K. That is multiplied by 1.2 or 1.3 to get the UK price (I guess).

Get it if you have the need and the cash. You won't regret it.

" JOE BIDEN

Tags
a6400, mirrorless, sony