WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Lenses

Lenses Discussion of Lenses

Lens calibration?

Old 17-06-06, 22:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif
No there was no filter. The lens is a lemon!

Don: I have the 28mm F2.8 AIS and yes it has purplies on a D200. I tried the 28-105mm in the field today - only test shots - and it performs very well once stopped down a little.

Leif
Leif,

Same with the 200 f4 AIS. Both that and the 28 f2.8 AIS have the resolution but don't really do it in the digital world at 10/12mp resolution. No problem at 6mp.

Don
Old 19-06-06, 18:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Hoey
Leif,

Same with the 200 f4 AIS. Both that and the 28 f2.8 AIS have the resolution but don't really do it in the digital world at 10/12mp resolution. No problem at 6mp.

Don
Don: Thanks for taking so much trouble to post some shots. I am saddened to hear that the 200mm F4 AIS also has the purplies. I suppose I should not be surprised as my 200mm F4 AIS micro has strong CA on a D200. That and condensation/fungus is the reason for not using it.

BTW you have noticed the CA removal option in Nikon Capture? Sorry if this is obvious, but it took me a little while to notice it, and it works well for many lenses.

I took another look at my test images with the 28-105 on a D200. At F5.6, F8, F11 and F16 I was impressed by the evenness of the sharpness over the entire frame. As you say, a little softer at F16, but still very good and very clean looking. Not so good wide open though.

Leif
Old 19-06-06, 20:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif
BTW you have noticed the CA removal option in Nikon Capture? Sorry if this is obvious, but it took me a little while to notice it, and it works well for many lenses.

Leif
Leif, I had not, thanks for the mention. The 200 f4 is a lot smaller and lighter than the 80-200 when only wanting a 200. I will check it out.

The 28-105 is a good lightweight ' swiss army knife ' of a lens between f8 and f11.

Don