WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Technique > General Photography Technique

General Photography Technique Discussion on General Photography Technique

Photographing Buildings

Old 15-12-05, 19:20

Default Photographing Buildings

In my "Boston Jogger" thread (here if you're interested) Robski wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robski
LOL trust Annette to be standing at the back with her score cards

Yep I have the same problem with shots you can walk around all day and try different angles and zoom position and you just know it will be a duffer.

Large Buildings do give me a problem and maybe only ultra wide lens is the answer to get the depth and perspective.

Rob
I could have continued in this thread but then figured it was probably going a bit off-topic from my original request for criticism. I thought it would be useful to have a discussion on photographing buildings. Whilst I'm no expert, they are one of my favourite topics. I love the opportunities that architecture can present. The same building can be used in so many ways depending on the perspective of the camera. Taking a shot of the overall building, like this:
http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...3&limit=recent
can give one effect. Taking a closer perspective and cropping the view in tightly can look like this:
http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...3&limit=recent
What do you like to do with buildings? There's lots of possiblities, let's try and get some ideas and inspiration going. What works for you with architecture, and perhaps just as importantly, what doesn't?

Duncan.

P.S. I have no comment on Annette & score cards (do we have a 'tongue in cheek' smilie?).