WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Off Topic > Computers and The Internet

Computers and The Internet This is the place to ask questions and discuss the complex world of computer and internet issues.

Problem trying to load photos into a gallery

Old 06-12-07, 17:35

Default Problem trying to load photos into a gallery

Trying to load 3 photos for the first time

a) How do you multi select photos from the explorer menu?
b) Getting error the following error each time I try. I am guessing the server or database needs a restart. Could be something I am doing though

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/jpegtran) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/wpf/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /gallery/image-inc.php on line 455

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6400 bytes) in /home/wpf/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 115
Old 06-12-07, 23:15

Must be something you are doing wrong, I have had no problems uploading tonight. Are you trying to upload three pics at once? What is the size of the pics ?

MY WEB SITE
MY PHOTOSTREAM
Old 06-12-07, 23:22

150K each. I have tried individually as well. They seem to be stored in an uplaod area somewhere

I have sent them to work and will try again tomorrow
Old 06-12-07, 23:35
Super Moderator

I can't think what you maybe doing wrong. Where are you uploading from, your hard disk or on a server. If its a server that could be the problem.

The best size for uploads is no bigger than 1024 on the longest side, 800 is better then people don't have to scroll to view the photo and no bigger than around 200kb.
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 07-12-07, 08:15

When you go to Gallery /Upload Photos you see an option
"Skip upload and process the files already in your upload directory"

Where is that? I think I need to clear it out and start afresh as my 3 files are in there each time
Old 07-12-07, 10:10

Just tried from work PC as well and I see 3 files in there still to upload, so they must be on the WPF server. Load only a new file and get the following. I think I have a large file loaded on the WPF server and I need to clear that out somehow

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/jpegtran) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/wpf/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /gallery/image-inc.php on line 455

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6400 bytes) in /home/wpf/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 115
Old 07-12-07, 10:12

Johhny,

The process for uploading to the gallery should be:
1) Click on "Gallery" link, which is the third from the left on the blue banner at the very top of the site home page.
2) Click on "Upload Photos" link which is on the far right hand side of the third blue banner down on the resulting gallery page.
3) Select an appropriate category for your photo from the drop down selection adjacent to the text "Choose a category to upload your images to.
Pick a category that relates most to your image(s)." Do NOT keep it on the default "Member Galleries - Do not upload here".
4) Click on the "Browse" button adjacent to the text "Select the photos you wish to upload from your computer:"
5) Find the photo you want to upload from your computer
6) Enter a title for the photo. Give it a meaningful, unique title, it will help.
7) Enter a description - something you want to say about the photo. Ignore the "keywords" box on this page, any text entered here for some reason gets cleared on the next screen. Don't ask, I don't know why.
8) Click on the "Upload/Submit" button.
9) You will then see a page titled "Add Photos - Select Photos / Configure Properties" where you can add more information to that which you have already entered. The keywords box does function at this point BTW.
10) Click on the "Process" button at the bottom.

Repeat as required up to the maximum of 4 photos per 24 hours.

The picture should then appear on the gallery page, be entered in the appropriate gallery sub section and be automatically entered in your personal member gallery.

As Christine has said, please observe the size limits. Max 200kB (ideally <100, but some pictures compress better than others). Most people can see the images at their best when 1024 pixels wide (landscape) or 800 high (portrait).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Duncan
Old 07-12-07, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybike View Post
When you go to Gallery /Upload Photos you see an option
"Skip upload and process the files already in your upload directory"

Where is that? I think I need to clear it out and start afresh as my 3 files are in there each time
It's in the "Extra Options" section just below and off to the right of the "Upload/Submit" button I mention in step 8 above. Can't say I've ever used it though.
Old 07-12-07, 10:33

The extras option has a check to skip the upload and process files already in the upload folder. I want the opposite.
Want I think I want to do is empty my upload folder as that is where the problem is I think. I am guessing (pretty certain) that I have a large file uploaded in there, before I resized my file.

I have been through the list that you provided numerous times and I am still having problems.

John
Old 07-12-07, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybike View Post
The extras option has a check to skip the upload and process files already in the upload folder. I want the opposite.
Want I think I want to do is empty my upload folder as that is where the problem is I think. I am guessing (pretty certain) that I have a large file uploaded in there, before I resized my file.

John
John,

If you get to the page titled "Add Photos - Select Photos / Configure Properties" that I mention in step 9, you'll see all the photos you have waiting to be uploaded. Each of these will have a tick box next to them. Untick the box next to the image(s) you don't want to upload.

If you can explain clearly at which stage in the procees I've described you are having your problems then it would help.

Duncan