WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

A7rII now, is it late?

Old 15-10-16, 09:54

Default A7rII now, is it late?

Hi all,

I am planning to buy Sony A7rII nowadays once i save the money, but is it late now as maybe soon Sony may announce a new A7r series? maybe A7rIII is nearby, maybe by end of this year or almost beginning of new year, so should i just wait a bit or just get A7rII regardless what new A7 model will come later, i want high mp Sony camera.

Wanted to go with A99ii but i have Canon lenses and no A-mount adapter from what i read, so my only option is A7rII or newer, not interested in Canon latest cameras with high mp to be honest.
Old 19-10-16, 23:27

If you wait enough, there will always a new model replacing what appears to be the idol for you today. So the right answer to your question, would be, what about "Your need"! How urgently and how importantly you need a replacement.
From all I know Sony Full frames are the best of best in today's market and all the larger DSLR manufacturer respectfully refrain to comment on these miraclous mirrorless ones that seems to have made that waited mutation in market
I have the same feelings as yours and I am not going to replace my 5D with any new version, whether 5Ds / r or Mk IV. Instead, if I am going to make a next move, it would be to go with Sony's full frame mirrorlrss, no mater which one, new or old. I already have Sony A6000 and a few Sony E mount lenses but better very many auto and manual adapters so I can use all my old lense including all Canon EFs EF lenses on the Sony cropped sensor and must say after puting hand on A6000, I haven't touched any of my xxD Canons.
It comes hard to say this from me (Being a Canonist by birth) but Sony has the winning and future card in their hand and that is Mirrorless cropped or full frame interchangable bodies.
Go for whatever you feel right. If a new model is to show up, that would be a good time to find a great deal on current Sony versions and if you live in USA, you should wait few more days for the Black Friday and the best deals of the year.
Don't forget, if you act fast and know how to care for your tools, you always can sell what you bough, in about a year, for close to what you paid for, and have much less loss, than if you were to only rent that equipment for a few occasions in that period.

------------------------------

"No one is going to take our democracy away from us. Not now, not ever.
" JOE BIDEN