WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Any good, or cheap and nasty?

Old 09-02-11, 17:12

Default Any good, or cheap and nasty?

Hi,

I am looking at this background on FleaBay. I jave NO knowledge of backgrounds at all, except that I probably need one at some point so I don't have to rely on creased bed-sheets!

Is this going to be ok, or is it a pile of cheap rubbish?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Photographic-B...item2a0de1afa8
Old 11-02-11, 20:08

Well a piece of coloured plastic on a frame is hardly high-tech so I can't see what defects there could be that would obviously impact the photos you take. Then again , I am no authority on backgrounds.
Old 18-02-11, 08:49

Hi Craig, He only has 31 sales and a poor feedback record already - look at his feedback to see what the problems are - I would be reluctant but he has sold some of these in the past with good responses. Also is the item pick up only....?

http://www.pbase.com/andy153

http://andy153.smugmug.com/

Equipment: Nikon - More than enough !!!
Old 18-02-11, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy153 View Post
Hi Craig, He only has 31 sales and a poor feedback record already - look at his feedback to see what the problems are - I would be reluctant but he has sold some of these in the past with good responses. Also is the item pick up only....?
Yes, I read that. His feedback is only for 31 items, but only 1 is negative. Everyone has to start somewhere, of course, and even I have one feedback that is neutral (not negative, granted) due to a delay in posting.

I would have been able to pick up, anyway, not far from here...that's why I asked.

As it is, I decided not to bother, anyway...I spoke to quite a few other people, and decided to work with different ideas for backgrounds, including my original sheets and so on.

Cheers for the reply.

Craig
Old 19-07-11, 20:09

I used to use Lastolite and had twenty, which were stolen, I now use either sheets for double beds or look out linen/curtains in charity shops.

When the background is out of focus you tell me they are not £60 backdrops.

I also agree 40 feedbacks and one poor, come on, big deal, remember you can always send it back, I have had the worst row with a chinese supplier in the UK, rude, boy, an email to EBAY, a week, a refund.

Last edited by jser; 19-07-11 at 20:11.