WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Off Topic > Computers and The Internet

Computers and The Internet This is the place to ask questions and discuss the complex world of computer and internet issues.

Getting there

Old 02-04-19, 10:54

Smile Getting there

I am finally getting my new I Mac 27" 5K to do what I want it to, just a few more procedures to sort. It works on different logic to Windows and as I am getting to understand it I am beginning to love it!
The display is great, beautiful definition and colour.
During my trials and tribulations I had to buy some "add ons", I have uprated the RAM from 8 to 24 Gb, added a G Tech 4Tb external thunderbolt HD (very simple to set up), an ASUS ZEN DVD writer, (not so simple and uses two USB slots), very easy to burn discs now, a Datacolor Spyder 5X pro to calibrate the screen (all set up and done), and a shielded USB Hub.
I still can't see why all my images get stored in 3 places at the same time and deleting from one file takes them out of all the files (hence the external HD),
I have done a complete system back up on the external as well, it took15 mins and takes up 6.7 GB.
The main task I need to sort is sending images here, at the moment I save to a flash pen, open in elements, re size, close, then log in and select my images from the pen and post.
There must be an easier way, I just need to work it out.
Anyway, am I glad I went Mac?................I am now and won't be going back to Windows.
Old 03-04-19, 09:36

Glad you're getting there Charles - perseverance always pays.