WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Photographic Accessories

Photographic Accessories Discussion on other Photography related Equipment. Tripods, Luggage and suchlike.

Panorama Heads

Old 24-07-07, 07:52

Default Panorama Heads

Do any of the viewers and listeners have experience of "Pano" tripod heads. If so any suggestions as to the best, bearing in mind I have a 1D so the "NODAL NINJA" and "PANOSAURUS" heads are out of the equation.
Old 24-07-07, 22:13

Default Re: Pano head

I have just got my self a Nodel Ninja only used on one day, I have a 5D not sure if it will take a 1D but might do, if you look at this link it has details on both those heads and others, it is also where I got my head from them. There is details of the nodel heads and link to the there site. I don't think the panosaurse head would be strong enough. The only other one that might to are the manfrotto heads, again details on those heads.

Hope that helps

http://www.red-door.co.uk/
Old 25-07-07, 20:27

Thanks for the reply Alan.

As I stated previously "NODAL NINJA" and "PANOSAURUS" are unsuitable for my camera. I was more interested in heads such as:

Peace River Studios 3Sixty
360 Precision
Kaidan QuickPan III
Manfrotto 303SPH (and its smaller brothers, or sisters)

As this forums got 2,600 members somebody out there must have experience of at least one of these!!!!
Old 26-07-07, 11:41

John,

I've just seen the prices of the kind of heads you're looking at

Have you tried using a standard head first? I'd be very disappointed if I'd spent nearly £400 and didn't get a huge improvement over my existing common or garden head.

Duncan
Old 30-12-07, 17:28

I use a fairly hefty focussing rail for pano shots with a 1DS. The addition of a simple L bracket can mount the camera in portrait position. The whole assembly is then slid back or forward over the pan point of the tripod to achieve the nodal point.
Then if a see an interesting creepy-crawly on the ground I am also set up for macro.