WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

selling photos

Old 08-06-07, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoviva View Post
Try www.istockphoto.com - royalties are pence but I have made about £100 in 7 months with just 30 images uploaded so if you have a couple of hundred stockworthy images you could make a fair bit that might buy you a shiny new camera or lens!

£3.33 per image, WOW, I wonder what they make from a single sale of your unique image, a damn sight more than £3.33 I bet!!! WHAT A RIP OFF???

nirofo.
Old 11-06-07, 09:56

yeah but they are only stock type of images which would otherwise be sat on my HD gathering digital dust. I don't go out shooting for the site but if an image is shot which i think could be used then I update it.

You can get serious with it and have hundreds of images up there and make a fair amount of dosh from it. The top contributor has just had half a million downloads. Once you get to 500 downloads you can become exclusive which means you can sometimes double your royalties.

Photography on Canvas at Fotoviva Art Prints