WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

What Camera magazines do you buy and why?

Old 29-11-11, 15:08

Default What Camera magazines do you buy and why?

Hi Guys

I realised yesterday that i am spending a lot of money on mags of late and my favourite is Landscape Photography. For me its always learning new tricks and getting new ideas for how to get the best picture.

What if any do you guys buy??
Old 29-11-11, 19:27

Interesting question. I take several but as the subscriptions run out I will be reassessing them and dropping some as money on a fixed income gets worse. They do, as a general rule, seem to repeat themselves over the years.
Old 29-11-11, 20:07

We subscribed to Outdoor Photography for years. It was good for giving you directions to the various locations and seemed quite fair by covering all the regions in the UK. As said they do tend to repeat after a few years so I had to rethink a Birthday pressie for OH last year! Yes we too had to cut back on the mags as they seemed to gobble up the (spare?) cash.
Old 01-12-11, 16:31

Don't often buy them only if there is something of interest or that I want to try out in them. When I first went digital bought lots but as said they tend to repeat.
Old 08-03-12, 19:22

I dont buy any anymore. I used to buy a selection of the monthly offerings, but found that after a while they were simply repeating themselves. There was also a drift towards fixing problems in photoshop rather than getting all the elements right at the time of making the exposure, and a general culture of digital manipulation being the way to get 'awesome shots' that I found increasingly irritating and boring in equal measure.