WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > WPF Photo Competitions Forum

WPF Photo Competitions Forum All the details for the monthly WPF Photo Competitions

My Challenge To You

Old 31-12-13, 12:34
Super Moderator

Default My Challenge To You

About this time last year I was looking for a challenge for 2013 to get me out doing some creative photography. I considered a 365 challenge as Trena & Peter did in 2012 but dismissed it as I decided that it could become a chore - but have great admiration for Peter & Trena for their perseverance.

Instead I decided to commit to entering every fortnightly challenge that ended during 2013. With 14 days to get the shot, a 3 day poll & the odd day while the next challenge was set, it turned out to be 18 competitions. There were a couple of times when I nearly missed out, once when I was on holiday, & once when I forgot until the last moment and was at a friends house without my camera, but I made it. Along the way I was lucky enough to win 5 outright & tied for first with three others.

I know a number of others are regular contributors, but not sure if anyone else entered every one. So here's my challenge to you - commit to entering every challenge ending in 2014 by signing up in this thread.

The first challenge ends at midnight 5th Jan, <<<see thread here>>> but as its an open competition you must be able to find something to enter.

So who's up for it
Old 01-01-14, 12:54

Great idea Gidders. I would so love to commit, but I know there will be times when I can't enter. Then again, I could always enter any old image, rather than miss out, even though it may not be anywhere near good enough.......Shall I commit or not...hmmmmmmmm...debating! Wait till I have a drink or too today then I will agree to anything!

What I would also like are challenges technique wise, so I might start and set challenges, like a photography technique to try out or something new to learn or understand. For example, I need to learn about and practice back button focusing and learn different lighting techniques (back rim lighting, painting with light etc).

How would people feel about a monthly, technique based challenge?
Old 01-01-14, 19:38

I am not sure about committing to this challenge Clive,I am struggling at the moment still trying to get back into it after our last holiday,but I will always try to enter the challenges....I certainly need the incentive.....my personal challenge this year is to spend less time on my computer and more time cleaning house!!!! not sure how long that will last lol...
DigiDiva, I like your ideas, I also need that sort of challenge,we can always incorporate that sort of thing into the fortnightly challenges, it is your choice when you win the fortnightly challenge to make it anything you want.
I will be happy to join in if you start up a new thread.

Trena
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. : Scott Adams
Old 01-01-14, 22:10

Nice that you are interested Trena. We all need new challenges to keep us interested and help us improve
Old 06-01-14, 01:12

My challenges to myself this year are to get all the images on my website captioned, and write some more articles in preparation for a book I have an idea for. My day job has got in the way of my photography business plans somewhat over the last year, and is likely to put a brake on things for most of this year too, but I hope to get in a position to run some landscape workshops in 2015.
Old 06-01-14, 18:08

Im useless at landscapes