WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > WPF Photo Competitions Forum

WPF Photo Competitions Forum All the details for the monthly WPF Photo Competitions

Competition Chat Thread

Old 17-03-14, 21:39

DD I do not know how many times you need to be tole not to put anything on the fortnightly challenge till it has finished.

John
Old 18-03-14, 05:57

I wasn't commenting on any of the images. This is crazy. So basically rule 5 should be changed from 'No discussion of entries in the thread' to 'No comments at all except the actual entries to be put in the entry thread' or 'Actual entries only, no thread comments' and that way it is perfectly clear, as I have understood it to mean that i can't discuss the individual entries so as not to bias the judging, which I wasn't. It was a comment about the overall standard and to politely let you know that I didn't think I was gonna get an entry. I thought it would be rude not to. I live and learn and apologise again.

I have managed an entry and will finally say you won't hear a peep from me now, apart from to enter and give ups and downs. Mouth is zipped!
Old 18-03-14, 08:03

My preference would be to keep the competition for entries only.
until it has finished.
As I do not enjoy reading though a load of comments and statements.

John
Old 18-03-14, 08:31

This forums comp has been going for ages, it's not for me as a newcomer to really attempt to change things, I'm sure it runs as the majority of the members want it to. I just find the lack of chit chat about the comp very dis-interesting compared to the 3 other forums I belong to, but that's because I'm a natural chatterbox anyway. Nothing draws me here between comp theme being announced until voting is set up which is a shame.
Old 19-03-14, 21:46

Take a look here..this is the sort of thing I feel the comp thread needs..its a bit of fun and you get to know one another's personalities....

http://www.photoanswers.co.uk/Commun...#message492077
Old 19-03-14, 22:25

Just a word of support for John without (I hope) levelling any antagonism towards DD. I too am a member of several other sites, all of which run competitions and all in a slightly different way. The only common denominator is that none of them are chat shows. I have joined such sites, but promptly left.

I've been here for about 8 years now and have stayed because it is friendly, understated and boasts a wide range of skills amongst the members; plus... there is no hint of the FaceBook mentality of telling everyone that you have done the ironing or are fed up with pizza. I'm hoping it can continue in that vein and not be dumbed down by non-essential and irrelevant comments.

I'm sorry, DD, the site you quote is not for me.

Graham
Old 19-03-14, 22:40

This sort of site is not for me if WPF site ended up like this I would leave

John
Old 19-03-14, 22:46

It's horses for courses. As I said the other week, Im still not sure here is for me. I have realised that my 'way' is not the people here's way and I either accept it or move away. We all settle where we are comfy. Im not hurt, upset or angry at anything anyone has said.
Old 20-03-14, 07:24

DD, there is no need to move on just abide by the peoples choice and it will be fine this site is very friendly and the members are helpful.

John
Old 20-03-14, 08:20

I just forget and end up getting into trouble off you guys!