WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

35mm sugestions.

Old 06-07-10, 20:02

T-max 3200 is an incredible film, you can push it to 25600 ISO (a 3 stop push!). The photo you linked was made using software to simulate film grain. A real Ilford 3200 image looks like this: http://dickyjphotography.files.wordp...73807d56-1.jpg The grain is very heavy, accentuated by the developer which the author (not me) says is D-76 which isn't the best developer for achieving the fines possible grain.

I'm sure you'll like either film, they can make for very interesting photos and are certainly far more subtle than a flashgun. With a fast prime lens like an f1.8 you can photograph very low light scenes indeed. In fact a 50mm Rokkor would be an ideal purchase for you.

The age is never a problem with these cameras, they are very well made (the fact they still work perfectly is evidence enough!)

Last edited by Alex1994; 06-07-10 at 20:06.
Old 06-07-10, 20:19

I quite agree with Alex the build quality on most older cameras were far better than the new digital throw away bodies, let face it these days if you have a problem with a camera that has been used for more than four years the repairers just say “A non economic repair.”
Mostly all the older 35mm bodies require is new light seals fitting, a very easy job to do.
I do miss my film cameras, Contax/Yashica and the medium format twin lens bodies, but having moved to the “retirement bungalow” no space for a dark room.
Regards
Richard
Old 24-07-10, 15:52

I just come back from Lanzarote. I didn't had much chance to take pictures, my mum lives in Lanzarote and she was in hospital, so I been really worried going back and forth to visit her.
I did shot about 40 or maybe 50 pictures using Ektar 100 and some other using what I had left of Boots own brand that uses 200 ISO. But I didn't take the B&W film, I'll use that for whatever. I wonder if that Kodak P3200 Tmax B&W would be any good for portrait.
So as soon this is developed I'll upload some more.
Thanks all for the recomendations and the help.
Old 12-12-10, 07:57

It depends on the situation, art schools they love grainy images with high ISOs, but in the photography world we generally use no more than ISO100 for sharpness in the image.

High ISO=Grainy image
Low ISO=Sharper image

The choice is yours.
Old 12-12-10, 10:33

Depends very much on the subject and the effect you are after. Fast B&W film is also good for gritty industrial landscape type of shot.