WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > Photography Equipment > Cameras

Cameras Discussion on Cameras of all types

next purchase?

Old 27-12-05, 07:38

I really must'nt spend any money on photo stuff for a while - if and when I can afford it, the decision must be between a longer, good quality lens, or a D200 with it's extra mp.
Old 27-12-05, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by greypoint
I really must'nt spend any money on photo stuff for a while - if and when I can afford it, the decision must be between a longer, good quality lens, or a D200 with it's extra mp.
As I bought a - loads a money - SB80-DX flash when I got by D100, which is not compatible with the D200. I will just have to save the pennies and go for the D2X for all those features that I miss, that seem to be dissapearing from non pro cameras.

Don
Old 27-12-05, 17:57

My Canon 20D was presented with a big brother for Christmas the 1DmkIIN.
Now he needs a few tips on the finer points of shooting with his new sibling, using either his 70-200 F/2.8L IS or 300f/4L IS with or without his 1.4 & x2TC.
He hopes to add the 400f/5.6L at some future date.
He also hopes he will not be made redundant!!!!!
Old 28-12-05, 13:50

I've just bought a Nikon D200 and 80-400 VR, I would now like a AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8D VR but I think my Bank Manager would kill me. Unless I come up on the Lotto or Premium Bonds!!!
Old 29-12-05, 18:00

Got the 350D yeasterday. next stop, the sigma 175-500 and a good (and low cost) tripod.
Old 29-12-05, 18:21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britner
Got the 350D yeasterday. next stop, the sigma 175-500 and a good (and low cost) tripod.
Why not snap up the one that Salty is selling over on BF.
Old 29-12-05, 18:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by postcardcv
Why not snap up the one that Salty is selling over on BF.
depends if ive got enough money before its sold. my old 100-400mm will do for now though.

Edit=Looks like He's not selling it any more.

Last edited by Ant; 29-12-05 at 18:56.
Old 29-12-05, 19:53

Default Sigma 170-500

I have been using the Sigma 170-500 for approx. 4 years on a Pentax MZ7 & MZ6 with excellent results. I just bought a Pentax istDS2 and the Sigma is fantastic. I took all my lenses to the store before I bought the DS2 to try them and even the staff were impressed with the quality of the images.

When I bought mine new I paid around $1000 CDN and $150 CDN for a circular polarizer. Filter size (from memory) is 86mm.
Old 06-01-06, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Charles
After Digi from Birdforum planted the idea in my head, yesterday, Im thinking longingly about purchasing a Canon 300mm f/4. Ive noticed, in particular for certain bird/wildlife shots, that the 400mm focal range is that touch too long. Thats my excuse anyway A purchase thats a good way off yet!

Tom
In my experience, I would recommend the 100-400mm IS AF for what you want. Happy New Year
Old 06-01-06, 13:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adey Baker
As you'll probably have gathered from a BF thread my next purchase was going to be a good quality tripod but as I'm going to be made redundant some time in the new year I'll have to put that on hold for a while and look for book called something like 'How to make Stacks of Money from your camera!'
As 'Warehouse Express' were knocking £20 off the price of my original choice (Gitzo G1227) and throwing in a free ball and socket head I decided to go for it.

Ordered about 3:00pm yesterday, it arrived before 1:00pm today and seems a nice piece of kit. Not sure whether I can get on with the ball head (bit of practice in use required, I think) but the pan head off my old Velbon fits it anyway, so I'll be able to use it without problems until I can afford the Fluide head that I would have chosen had funds allowed!

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/...00/ppuser/1805

'Write when there is something you know: and not before: and not too damned much after' Ernest Hemingway