WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Photogenic Hot Spots

Old 23-08-08, 10:25

Default Photogenic Hot Spots

I thought I would start a thread where members can suggest/recommend places which present Plenty of Photographic opportunities in thier area.

I'll start the ball rolling with one in Surrey/East Sussex area on the A22.

http://www.britishwildlifecentre.co.uk/

On the A22 just north of New Chapel and before Blindley Heath. Check when it is open. Mainly weekends and school holidays. Well worth a visit for an afternoon if your in the area. Also pays to go around 2 or 3 times after a refreshing cup of tea as some of the animals don't show first time around. Not a huge place but 3 or 4 hours will soon pass.

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated
Old 23-08-08, 12:25

Nice idea Rob. Here's one from near me: Paddley Gorge, Grindleford, in the Peak District. An all-year venue, pretty much any weather too. The brook runs through a narrow valley with lots of small cascades, in nice mature woods. There's more open moorland at the top end, a cafe at the bottom, a pub - the Foxhouse - near the top end and it's on a bus route and right by a train station, so it's easy to reach.
Old 26-08-08, 17:37

Not particularly local for me, but it's a great spot quite close to London - the Rye Marshes bird reserve in Dungeness. The shingle beach there on the reserve property - not so much on the other side where it turns into sandy beach - is excellent for winter photograpy, with vast numbers of wading birds and wintery birds flying out on the rough seas in stormy weather. Probably had one of my best days of photography there on Remembrance Day 2007.

Also, around Norfolk is rather nice, up near Blakeney Point but along the country lanes.
Old 26-08-08, 17:52

Park at Curbar Gap and a walk along the gritstone edges - Curbar, Froggatt and if you have the energy, Stanage. Possibly the best rock edge walk in Britain!

Look out for the millstones, lot's of photo opportunities and the lighting can be simply stunning at sunset...

My New Website