WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Posting Photos on to Gallery

Old 19-02-09, 20:45

Question Posting Photos on to Gallery

Hi,

Im kind of new to this, i keep trying to upload some photos on to the gallery & for some reason it doesnt work am i doing something wrong??
Old 19-02-09, 22:19
Super Moderator

LMC, a full explanation on how to upload to the gallery is in this thread, let me know if you still have any problems.
http://www.worldphotographyforum.com...hread.php?t=35
Equipment= Canon 7D, 40D, 400 f5.6, 75-300, 100mm Macro, 18-55, Canon 70-200 f4, Tokina 12-24mm, Kenko pro 300 1.4,1.5 and 2.0x, Jessops ext tube set,
Canon 580 flash. Home made ring flash. . Close-lens.

Old 21-02-09, 18:38

Im still having problem uploading photos?? I do everything like it says and then it uploads it but then i cant find it afterwards? What am i doing wrong?
Old 21-02-09, 19:13

LMC,

There are no images in the gallery that have been posted by you. The image(s) you arre trying to upload isn't being uploaded.

First, resize your picture so that it is 1024 pixels wide (landscape format) or 800 pixels high (portrait or square format). Adjust the jpeg compression so that the file size is ideally around 120kB, you can go bigger, but it's not advisable. I strongly suspect this is the bit where you're stumbling.

Then, having done this to your picture, go to the gallery page, button is 2nd from the left in the blue banner toolbar at the top of every WPF page. Here's a shortcut.
http://www.worldphotographyforum.com/gallery/

Then, click on the "Add Photos" button in the top right corner. Shortcut here:
http://www.worldphotographyforum.com/gallery/

In the section headed Upload photo, change the default selection from "Member Galleries - do not upload here" to be a category appropriate for your picture. Click on the "Browse" button and find where you saved your resized image on your computer.
Fill in the boxes for title, description and keywords. I've attached a screenshot of the kind of thing you get. As an moderator, my screen may be slightly different to the one you see, but it will be very similar. Click ONCE on the button for "Upload/submit".

You should then get another screen like the second picture I've attached here. Fill in the boxes for the remaining information requested, and then click on the button marked "process".

The image should then appear in the appropriate gallery section. I strongly suspect you aren't resizing your image to fit the limits of file size. Please advise of the file sizes (pixel dimensions and kB) you are trying to upload.

Hope this helps.

Duncan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg first screen.jpg (103.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg second screen.jpg (101.3 KB, 2 views)