WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Where should I promote myself?

Old 12-11-09, 11:44

Default Where should I promote myself?

just joined this website and wanted to know what you pros think of wedding photography promotional tactics. i don't have a site yet and heard it is VERY expensive to get one (plus it will take some time for it to go online).
should i get myself on a directory? which once do you offer?
prices? terms? who's good and who ripps you off?

i'll try to figure out how to get a few pix on my profile so you can give me feedback on that too.

cheers, Pete
Old 18-11-09, 15:33

Default Hi Pete

I think these days getting a website is pretty much a must if you want to promote yourself. Everything else is less effective and takes more effort. The sites are not expensive or tricky to set up. You can buy your own domain and download a photo template from the internet and set up your site this way, or you could rent a subdomain from a provider such as pbase. Most photographers go for pbase. I'd recommend your very own website, however, especially if you know your way with computers and the internet. But even if you are not a computer person, you can get instructions and templates from the internet free of charge. Good luck!
Old 18-11-09, 16:04

ebay listing!
Old 18-11-09, 16:10

Cool a little thanks

thank you lads. no i'm not a real computer guy and it takes me abit of time to get along with it. i have to get my share of really learning to co-op with it.
cheers
Old 18-11-09, 16:43

Default hi Pete

In that case I really recommend pbase.com. Check it out, it has nice options and many pros use its services, too. Good luck!
Old 26-11-09, 20:08

Ebay listing!!!!! You cannot be serious (said in my best John McEnroe voice).

Who would look for a wedding photographer on Ebay. I would use personal recommendation only. I would expect to see a sample of their work, probably on a web-site but maybe in wedding album form.
Old 08-12-09, 02:46
bryanshan

actually I got the same question, where should I promote my company which supply geotagging devices for photographers. Since the forums are the places we raise questions and share experiences, if I just ads there, the posts sure will be deleted, so is there a better way to promote the website and products?
Old 07-01-10, 22:59

It is always difficult with "personal recommendation" at the beginning, if you are new in business. I used to go to the wedding fairs (also expensive fun) where you meet more serious couples who decide when they see your work (must be different and good!!!), not only "how much do you charge"-people. Then MPA site was also good way to promote yourself, but you have to qualify first. Both ways: the web site is a "must". Five years ago when I was leaving UK it was going down the hill with wedding photography. No idea how it is now under the world economical crisis and very good digital cameras easy availble for reasonable prices.

Now in Italy i have very similar problem.... to find customers for OLIVE OIL!!! So if you know someone who.....

Good luck. Susan

"You don't take a photograph, you make it." Ansel Adams

Last edited by Susan Green; 07-01-10 at 23:04.