WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Photographer Safety

Old 04-06-15, 06:02

Default Photographer Safety

As photographers , we all want to get that perfect shot . However , it appears just lately that some photographers have taken , getting the " perfect shot " to far . Iv'e just read in a daily news paper that a tourist was attacked by a bison in the Yellowstone national park in the USA . The Australian tourist was attacked after agitating the animal by taking pictures . There was also sadly the death of Katherine Chappell , mauled to death by a lioness at a lion park in South Africa . She ALLEGEDLY had her window open taking pictures of the lioness . I know in this country our health and safety is second to none and we , the visitors , are protected but I'm a firm believer of finding out about the subject , it's behaviour and movements before the attempt of photographing it . As the holiday season is approaching and people will be visiting other countries to get that "perfect shot " , please take some time to think of how you will get it and think of your safety and respect the animals your photographing
Old 10-07-15, 08:27

It's true that photography is like a double-edged sword. When we want to get a work the best, but we should be faced with a very difficult situation even dangerous. Of course it will be very difficult, but for a photographer who has experienced this course has become so common that often experienced. Therefore vigilance and caution is needed in by a photographer. I'm so sad to hear that, I guess with this incident, all the photographer can be more careful if you want to take pictures wherever they are.
Old 02-10-15, 13:49

I like to shoot current events photographs such as the one in the below picture. Taking pictures at Fire, Police Activity, around the city and when I do get out into the desert areas of Las Vegas I always have to be on my guard and protect my safety. That is Number 1 priority. We are out there to document events and to preserve the beauty of Nature in our Pictures we are not out there to become part of the problem.

So that said when I am out taking pictures I am always aware of my surroundings and I very close attention to what is going on. What we all need to remember is that one perfect picture is not worth us getting hurt or killed.

https://dw-butcher-photography.smugm...GEDC1960-M.jpg
Old 01-03-16, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave598 View Post
I like to shoot current events photographs such as the one in the below picture. Taking pictures at Fire, Police Activity, around the city and when I do get out into the desert areas of Las Vegas I always have to be on my guard and protect my safety. That is Number 1 priority. We are out there to document events and to preserve the beauty of Nature in our Pictures we are not out there to become part of the problem.

So that said when I am out taking pictures I am always aware of my surroundings and I very close attention to what is going on. What we all need to remember is that one perfect picture is not worth us getting hurt or killed.

https://dw-butcher-photography.smugm...GEDC1960-M.jpg
Your link doesn't work :P
Old 05-03-16, 22:14

I live in a Coastal area and am always aware of the dangers of the sea, wind and waves. When out I always try to have a mobile phone with me just in case of accidents. We don't have many dangerous animals here but the natural elements can be very dangerous. Plus going out at night, I always try to let someone know where I'm going. Good post here and good advice regarding respecting wildlife.

Tags
safety images animals