WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > News & Views from the World of Photography

News & Views from the World of Photography Discussion on the Latest News in the World of Photography

Jessops UK. Good or bad?

Register to see Poll

There is a poll attached to this thread. You must be a fully registered member to be able to view or vote in this poll.

Old 13-01-07, 13:30

I must say with Jessops even the nottingham one have always been very helpfull in the past i cant run them diown and getting a camera from a shop llke Jessops you will always get good service before and after buying i have always found that out,if it is has cheap from Jessops as online get it from Jessops !.
Old 13-01-07, 14:12
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony.rowell View Post
i cant run them down
Oh I could, in fact I often look for Jessops staff walking across the road (or even on the pavement, a bit too close to the kerb)
Old 13-01-07, 22:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
it is easy to see that no one is perfect and knows everything - To me you should research something thoroughly yourself before you buy if your serious about what you do, taking stock of all that is said, and then make your own mind up - Jessops staff like any other store staff are only human. You normally find that alot of problems stem from the higher levels of management. It is the same whatever your own field of hobby/profession is.You have to sort the wheat from the chaff.
I think it a case of the blind leading the blind or a non-exsistant source of reference. Along with the fact that people do not like to admit that they can't answer the question correctly and just give any reply. Basically it is down to management to give staff training or provide a well informed help line.

To be honest I would prefer no answer than an incorrect one because it could lead to time wasting or cause damage.

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated
Old 14-01-07, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Oh I could, in fact I often look for Jessops staff walking across the road (or even on the pavement, a bit too close to the kerb)
I find this remark rarther offensive Andy especially from a member of Admin. There are probably WPF members who no doubt have friends or family who work for Jessops and this kind of remark is totally uncalled for. There may even be members themselves who work for the company. So much for the friendly forum
Old 14-01-07, 21:34
Chris

Quote:
I find this remark rarther offensive Andy especially from a member of Admin. There are probably WPF members who no doubt have friends or family who work for Jessops and this kind of remark is totally uncalled for. There may even be members themselves who work for the company. So much for the friendly forum
I know Andy is far too nice to mean it at all literally Angela, maybe a joke in doubtful taste, but no more. How about a look at my horse laugh in over-exposed to take the frown off your face?
Old 14-01-07, 22:13
Administrator

Epona you need to get a grip Jessops is crap!! and this is a friendly forum!!
Old 14-01-07, 23:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Epona a you need to get a grip Jessops is crap!! and this is a friendly forum!!
That gave me a good laugh.
Old 14-01-07, 23:23

Quote:
Hello Epona: I found Andy's comment hilarious, and I am pretty sure that was his intention, and that he does not drive over Jessops staff, and that he has no violent intentions towards them. I was tempted to ask if it was him that I saw reversing over a Jessops staff member but I thought better of it.

I posted my experiences earlier, and they are crap.

The staff sometimes try hard, but not infrequently they are rude and/or useless. Many are young, they are clearly not particularly well trained (not their fault), they are probably not well paid (not their fault), and they sell a large range of different items (not their fault). I blame the management not the staff.

As an aside, a few months back I was in the local branch (name withheld to protect the innocent) and a young Polish woman was serving. She was wearing a shirt that was not tucked in to her trousers. I asked her for some lens tissues. She turned round, and bent down to look in some draws. As she did so, her shirt was pulled up. Her trousers were falling down, and her backside was exposed for the entire world to view. I'm not sure she realised why I was struggling to stifle laughter. Pity I didn't have a camera with me.
Old 14-01-07, 23:40
Administrator

They have had my 20D for repair longer than I have owned it, I wonder if its used as the staff camera, probrably come back with snaps of clacton pier all over it.
Old 15-01-07, 00:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Totally uncalled for Andy, let's keep the forum decorum!

nirofo.