WPF - World Photography Forum
Home Gallery Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to World Photography Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to World Photography Forum, a dedicated community for photographers and enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   World Photography Forum > General Photography > The Photography Forum

The Photography Forum General Photography Related Discussion.

Image Comments

Old 05-02-18, 23:26

so the group is not what I was expecting it to be so as far as I'm concerned it's not for me bye
Stan
Old 05-02-18, 23:29

with the attitude of some of the members I can understand why it's not been very good
you might as well just put love it on everything because that's all I want

Last edited by stan; 05-02-18 at 23:33.
Old 06-02-18, 02:23

stan, you've been on this site for less than a month and twice already you've decided your work can't compete with everyone else and you delete everything, including all of the comments, advice and criticism you already have. it does put some people off from giving you feedback of any sort. why should we take time out to tell you something if you're just going to delete it? just because you've gotten criticism doesn't mean you have to agree with it, however you have to have a good reason as to why you disagree with it. not all criticism is right for your images.
i've told you some easy, basic things like leveling your horizon or staying away from hdr because it's decreasing your contrast but you continue to make the same mistakes. you have the potential to be a great photographer, you just need to learn the basics. everyone on here started where you are right now. this site is not a competition or a race, it's a group of people who can help each other grow regardless of their experience or skill level.
Old 06-02-18, 10:38

Well it looks like Stan has packed his bags and gone for a second time. Did anybody managed to work out what he was expecting or was it a just childish sulk ?

Clive raises the question what do we define as photography. Well I don't call photocopying your bum photography although techically correct. Yes a big shift to mobile phone cameras and I know a few people who attempt to use it in ways other than selfies, groups of mates down the pub or holiday snaps. However in the group I follow on Flickr I see far less activity over the last year or so.

My question really is to ask what is the future for this site. Are we so stuck in the mud or is there room for change in direction. To be honest there are times when I feel it is time to pack up and shut shop.

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated
Old 06-02-18, 10:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by robski View Post
Well I don't call photocopying your bum photography although techically correct.
what? photocopying your butt isn't photography? well there goes my 4 years of university down the drain.

i don't think photography is declining so much as sites like flickr, 500px and forums are declining. there are a ton of groups on fb, and you can post as many photos on there as you like so your photography and nonphotography friends can see them. most of the fb groups are full of fights over who's is bigger and stupid beginner questions about how to turn on a $5000 camera because they're too cool to read a manual. i've had better luck with the local photography groups on fb, people remember they have manners and human decency because they're afraid they'll run into each other offline. but then you miss out on views of the wider world. personally, i prefer forums.
Old 06-02-18, 19:12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidders View Post
If you'd like people to comment on your work, then I suggest that, when uploading, you put something in the "critique required" box. Ever since someone took objection to some constructive feedback I gave that wasn't asked for, I don't generally don't comment - positive or constructive criticism, where the author hasn't indicated that feedback is welcome.
that's why i left his images alone his critque box was never open. & also i got the same from another member many moon's ago. for a comment on a picture, (he said many thanks for my comment but i didn't ask for a critque.) its easy to comment on an image but also easy to upset someone.
Old 06-02-18, 20:42

i was confused because it seemed he kept asking people for critiques. he didn't think "nice picture" was enough. maybe it was a lack of punctuation though, sometimes i had trouble figuring out what he was saying.
Old 06-02-18, 21:00

?????I am confused by it all, I missed a lot of it,didn't understand why he got so upset,obviously didn't want critique.

Trena
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. : Scott Adams
Old 06-02-18, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post
?????I am confused by it all, I missed a lot of it,didn't understand why he got so upset,obviously didn't want critique.
He complained that people only posted and did not comment. Then he said his images were not good enough and removed them. Basically his photos were OK but a few tweak and a bit of forethought before pressing the shutter goes a long way. I said his action were a bit rash and then he asked for people to be honest about his images. A number of people offered suggestions which he seemed to take on-board. Then he throws his toys out of the pram as you can see above.

The issue is how can we persuade fresh blood to stay ?

-----------------------------------------------------
Solar powered Box Brownie Mk2

Captain Sunshine, to be such a man as he, and walk so pure between the earth and the sea.

WPF Gallery
Birdforum Gallery
http://www.robertstocker.co.uk updated
Old 06-02-18, 23:24

Trena, I thought that it was quite clear that Stan did or did not want people to make, or maybe not make, favourable or unfavourable comments or perhaps not to so do on his or other people's (but not exclusively either, but definitely one or the other or none of them, but possibly both) images that they may or may not have posted. Hope that that explains it all.

Last edited by Birdsnapper; 07-02-18 at 07:29.